•  
    Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Question About Kalos Conversion Kit

Should I keep it?
      Garage empty: add car
      Thanks
      I don't know the guy's reserve but this price isn't that far off from the eBay one. The bidding is only up to $436.00 and doesn't look like anyone can go much higher. This auction has been re-listed several times.

Will you just sell the bumper, reinforcement bar and headlights only? How much would that be? I can go without the ground effects and even the foglamps as long as I have the factory plastic covers for the holes.

If that was less than $500, I'd put down a $100 deposit today.

What do you mean there's no turbo?
      Thanks
      Quote Originally Posted by AveoSSSupercharged
      ok awesome. if you do the 100 thing let me know i would most likely do that cuz i really want that kit haha

is the kit going to include the lights too?
      Yes

Quote Originally Posted by DaewooTech
      I don't know the guy's reserve but this price isn't that far off from the eBay one. The bidding is only up to $436.00 and doesn't look like anyone can go much higher. This auction has been re-listed several times.

Will you just sell the bumper, reinforcement bar and headlights only? How much would that be? I can go without the ground effects and even the foglamps as long as I have the factory plastic covers for the holes.

If that was less than $500, I'd put down a $100 deposit today.
      The $100 deposit will be after this order (only 2 kalos conversions and 2 ground effects; won't split it up this time) only if I don't have enough funds at the time to place another order large enough, then I would take deposits.

The eBay price had a $1,100 reserve with $250 shipping. According to g0ast UPS actual price is ~$50. The price I'm shooting for would be ~30% less... I may even be able to go lower if that isn't good enough but we'll see.

I don't really want to answer anymore questions untill I finish working out all the costs with the exception of customs fee's since that'll take a few weeks after the parts get here usually.

Should I keep it?
      Thanks
      The eBay auction maxed out at $455.99.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 0207994407

Although these parts may be worth twice that price, I really don't think any Aveo owners are willing to go much higher. If they had that kind of disposible cash, they'd probably choose to upgrade to another car.

I contacted the seller with some questions. He said his reserve has been $999 but he is going to consider raising it if he adds the halogen foglamp kit as well. This apparently includes a new factory light switch / turn signal control on the steering column. He said you also get "Guigiaro badges" - whatever that is.

The auction says the buyer "pays actual UPS or Fed-Ex Ground shipping" costs plus $60.00 for handling. Its up to the buyer to determine his own shipping cost based on the package size and weight. If the shipping is only $50 for domestic (I think that price is WAY OFF), the total comes to $1,109.00.

If you're now shooting for 30% less than the auction, your price should be $776.30 (including shipping & handling). That seems fair and I'll bet some of us could come up with that if we really tried.

Thanks
      The eBay auction maxed out at $455.99.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 0207994407

Although these parts may be worth twice that price, I really don't think any Aveo owners are willing to go much higher. If they had that kind of desposible cash, they'd probably choose to upgrade to another car.

I contacted the seller with some questions. He said his reserve has been $999 but he is going to consider raising it if he adds the halogen foglamp kit as well. This apparently includes a new factory light switch / turn signal control on the steering column. He said you also get "Guigiaro badges" - whatever that is.

The auction says the buyer "pays actual UPS or Fed-Ex Ground shipping" costs plus $60.00 for handling. Its up to the buyer to determine his own shipping cost based on the package size and weight. If the shipping is only $50 for domestic (I think that price is WAY OFF), the total comes to $1,109.00.

If you're now shooting for 30% less than the auction, your price should be $776.30 (including shipping & handling). That seems fair and I'll bet some of us could come up with that if we really tried.
      Well we'll see, but when I said 30% it was from what the listing was at last I saw when we were talking about it in the other post.

Should I keep it?
      Thanks
      Looks like now you're the only show in town for the Kalos Blue ground effects. The eBay auction has already received a bid for $500.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...m=160210447100

Thanks
      Well that won't effect my pricing. I'd still like to do it cheaper if it's resonable for me

Should I keep it?
      Thanks
      Quote Originally Posted by Kinkyllama
      Well that won't effect my pricing. I'd still like to do it cheaper if it's resonable for me
      Maybe the new owner of the Kalos Sport ground effects kit can give you the part numbers you need - that is if you still need them.

Should I keep it?
      Thanks
      Hey that Swedish guy was right! I got an e-mail back from the parts department at this dealer in the UK and the Kalos Sport ground effects are just under 1,300 EURO! That's $1,913.92 USD.

http://www.chevroletlocal.co.uk/thurlownunn

The parts guy said they use BAX Global for all int'l orders. BAX will fly the parts into your local airport but in order to release it, you have to pay a customs broker to fill out all the necessary paperwork. No idea what the shipping price and customs charges would be but it sounds like fun.

Should I keep it?
      Thanks
      Check out the wicked Kalos Sport on this dealer's lot. That grille is the only one to have.

Thanks
      Hey that Swedish guy was right! I got an e-mail back from the parts department at this dealer in the UK and the Kalos Sport ground effects are just under 1,300 EURO! That's $1,913.92 USD
      I'm still having allot of trouble getting the ground effects kit....was it ever sold in Korea?

You should email them asking for the p/n...just make something up so they actually give it you instead of thinking your going to go get it somewhere else.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast