Hello,

So I am thinking about purchasing an Aveo.

This is after a few days of research into the small car market in my area (northcentral indiana). I am needing a small car that will work as a daily commuter (20 miles) and is versatile enough for other passengers (up to three and four times a month for a 100 mile interstate highway trip). The aveo seems like a good option because of its affordability.

There are many good reviews and poor reviews all accross the internet. Being someone on a budget, I am seeking out the general comments of an Aveo car-club, about the economics and reliability. I have purused the forum's and these have various responses but am looking for more up to date for my specific vechicles.

The dealer I am looking at has several in its lineup. Some are Chevy certified, which I think is a good option since I am on a budget and people note problems with the car? Anyone have experience with the warranty/chevy certified warranties?

The specific cars I am interested in are a certified 2011 Chevy Aveo LS (the 4 dor sedan) there is also a used (not certifed but higher trim level) 2011 Chevy Aveo LT (the 4 dor sedan). Is going for the base a better option than going into higher trim if it comes at the expense of choosing Chevy certified over nicer options?

The price is $10998 for both and each have ~40k miles. These are slightly over KBB according to carfax. Is this reasonable?

What should I be looking for as far as problems that I'll run into if I purchase a noncertified car? Should I be worried at all since the miles are low and persumably, worked on in the 2011's?

How do these things drive in hot weather, winter weather, rainy weather, and fair weather?

Finally, hatchback versus sedan. Besides actual body style and decrease in space are there any other advanatges here?

Thank-you for any and all input, it is greatly appreciated!