•  
    Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Wishful thinking

Should I keep it?
      Thanks

Wishful thinking

Anyone else wish they had the new sonic or cruze? I can't wait until I trade in my aveo for one. In my opinion, the new sonic and cruze make the aveo a mistake. The aveo is that ugly child that chevy wishes they had never made. Chevy really improved on their car making skills. The aveo is what happens when you outsource to Korea. The sonic is what happens when you make the aveo in america. Hoorah made in the USA!

What do you mean there's no turbo? AveoJoe's Avatar
      Thanks
      sonic nah I like the new Buick Riviera 2013 Buick Riviera | 2012 2013 Full Cars

Should I keep it?
      Thanks
      Oh wow. It looks very sexy.

Lifetime owner
      Garage empty: add car
      Thanks
      the sonic AND cruze were designed, and made first in korea. The US version costs us @ an extra $1000 - 2000 per car.

Still love my daily driver Thymeclock's Avatar
      Thanks
      Quote Originally Posted by christian View Post
      Anyone else wish they had the new sonic or cruze? I can't wait until I trade in my aveo for one. In my opinion, the new sonic and cruze make the aveo a mistake. The aveo is that ugly child that chevy wishes they had never made. Chevy really improved on their car making skills. The aveo is what happens when you outsource to Korea. The sonic is what happens when you make the aveo in america. Hoorah made in the USA!
      I'm satisfied with my Korean manufactured Aveo. Most of my problems have come from the way Chevrolet designed certain things on the car and and the crappy American programming and electronics in it which are failure prone, as well as the bad attitude towards getting warranty work done. We can't blame Korea for that.

Your posts show bias, and that suggests you might be a troll.

Should I keep it?
      Thanks
      Thank you informing me, petrified.rabbit. I know that they re-opened some factories here and that the sonic is being made in the USA, so I thought that it was designed here, too. I'm not satisfied with my Korean manufactured Aveo. I bought this car because it's what I could afford. I have pride in my country and I don't agree with chevy designing their cars in other countries and selling them here. Honda and Toyota have factories here, but that's fine. They keep the designing and innovation in Japan. It's more economically smart to assemble the cars here, and likewise with chevy in other countries. Chevy should keep all the research, design, and innovation here, where they started out in the first place. They are suppose to be an
      american company. Can't blame Korea? Daewoo was saved by Chevy, an American company. You talk like Korea has superior technology and like daewoo wasn't bought by chevy. Where is your proof that the programming and electronics are American-made or designed? Bad attitude toward getting warranty work done? Sorry, no problems with that here and I've had a lot of crappy made Korean parts break in my car, including an interior door handle that snapped in half for no reason. My local chevy dealer never has a problem replacing all the Korean made parts that keep falling apart in my new car. If the cruze and sonic was designed in Korea, then man, they did some serious firing and hiring.

Should I keep it?
      Thanks
      I owned a 1996 honda accord with 221,000 miles before I got rid of it for this and it was superior in so many ways. I loved it, but I wanted a newer car. So please, don't call me bias. My honda had tons of made in the USA parts on it and it was assembled here. I haven't seen anything other than china and korea on my aveo. It's bad when my honda is more american than an american brand of car. That's why honda didn't need a bailout and chevy did. Honda is smarter and knows that it's cheaper to make stuff where you're selling it and they aren't ruled by unions.

Should I keep it?
      Thanks
      I wasn't trying to be a troll, whatever that is?

Almost time to do my timing belt daug1502's Avatar
      Thanks
      I find myself wanting something with more power. Not sure what though.
      http://www.aveoforum.com/phpBB3/view...p?f=41&t=28184
      2008 Aveo5 SV

I will think of a better signature later.

Still love my daily driver Thymeclock's Avatar
      Thanks
      Quote Originally Posted by christian View Post
      Thank you informing me, petrified.rabbit. I know that they re-opened some factories here and that the sonic is being made in the USA, so I thought that it was designed here, too. I'm not satisfied with my Korean manufactured Aveo. I bought this car because it's what I could afford. I have pride in my country and I don't agree with chevy designing their cars in other countries and selling them here.
      Let's be clear about this: Chevy designed the Aveo here in America. It's an American designed car that was produced in Korea. If there are design flaws, they are American in origin. The car was produced in Korea with mostly Korean made materials. The political implications of buying a product that is not made and assembled in America seems to bother you greatly. But your annoyance and complaint is about global politics, not about car production.

Can't blame Korea? Daewoo was saved by Chevy, an American company.
      Yes, and GM (Chevy) was "saved" by the US government. How is that any better? Or are we into the "too big to fail" excuse, which is also a political rationalization?

You talk like Korea has superior technology and like daewoo wasn't bought by chevy.Where is your proof that the programming and electronics are American-made or designed?
      No, what Daewoo had to offer was an unprofitable company that could be acquired cheaply, and a work force that was less expensive to utilize than American labor would have been. No one said that Korean technology is superior. All the technology in the car is American designed (with the exception of some components such as the A/T which is Japanese). Have you noticed that features like all the door locks and the switches operate in the opposite direction of that of Asian designed vehicles? That's why the Aveo is a Chevy product, not a Daewoo product.

I wasn't trying to be a troll, whatever that is?
      Seeing that you are experienced in posting to a forum I find it hard to believe that you don't know what a "troll" is.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast