•  
    Page 18 of 19 FirstFirst ... 816171819 LastLast

Thread: How much did you pay for your USED Aveo?

What do you mean there's no turbo?
      Garage empty: add car
      Thanks
      marketwatcher, I love rescue stories, especially when they are about my favorite "underdog" n underrated car; the AVEO! I've seen so many decent Aveos crushed for a defect that could have been fixed or one that could have been avoided with proactive maintenance. Keep up the good work and best of luck with your ownership. After 12 years out of production, it might be a good time to squirrel away some spare Aveo parts. My experience is that salvage yards don't keep them long b/c of low demand for parts. Our best source is from a local owner who is selling parts before junking his Aveo. Good luck!

Last edited by kcROB; 09-21-2023 at 07:25 PM.

Thanks
      NutsNBolts, a very wise purchase! I have the exact same 2011 LT with the (5) spd. Urban grey, pw, pb, six speakers, very nice interior with a D.O.M. of late Dec, 2010. VIN Kl1Td5DEOBB189462. Love the car! My advise, if possible squirrel away spare parts like headlamps, tail lamps, high wear interior parts, even sheet metal, if room permits. What color n model( LS/LT) is your 2011? Best of luck with your ownership!

Thanks
      Uriken, Well said! A little TLC translates into getting many more miles from a tuff and faithful little car. Good luck!

Thanks
      Quote Originally Posted by Joshstewat210 View Post
      2006 Chevy aveo hatch with 170,000 miles for 1,000$... I've replaced the rotors and brakes, valve cover gasket, plugs and wires(oil was leaking into plug wells), tie rod ends. Air intake duct(ripped in half), all vaccum hoses because I always do with high mileage used vehicles, transmission cooler hoses both were leaking, new radiator/ and lower hose, PCV valve because I broke mine screwing in back in, about to replace timing belt/pulleys/and water pump. I haven't had it long but when I got it these probelms were already there it wasnt neglected just the normal maintenance wasnt cared about good running car no doubt... but now I have a rpm fluctuation when going down hill while cruising and a slight jerking when going up hill (feels like a misfire or back fire kinda) but there is no check engine light at all I cant figure out what it is
      I have the exact same problem with my 74K miles 2011 as you described....a misfire, hesitation, jerking randomly occurring when the engine is NOT under load ..high vacuum..and with NO cel. I just purchased a set of NGK Iridium plugs # ZFR6FIX-11, stk # 6441. If that doesn't work, I'm S.O.L. Let me know if you find a solution and thank you in advance.
      Last edited by kcROB; 09-21-2023 at 11:54 PM.

Thanks
      Quote Originally Posted by johnny09aveo View Post
      Just bought an 09' Aveo 5 speed with 80,000 miles. needs rockers.....1,200 bucks. Drove it home 2 hrs after purchase.....ran perfectly.
      Your handle sounds like you are a dedicated n motivated Aveo owner. An '09 with 80K is a rare find for what you paid. Rocker panels shouldn't be a big problem, but getting the finish coat to match might be.

What's wrong with my car?
      Thanks
      recently (this week) bought a 2009 aveo LT with 80k miles for $400! amazing steal. only issues are rusted and broken exhaust flanges and a common clutch sensor electrical problem that stops the car from starting. looking for a good replacement exhaust, if anyone has a link or idea let me know!

What's wrong with my car?
      Thanks
      Paid $350 09 aveo5 ls 5spd had 147,000 when I bought it as a junk car needed a cv-axle now I’m at 181239 as my daily

Thanks
      Great to hear you rescued an AVEO from that "dark place". I've seen many vehicles, including AVEOs sent to the shedder that could have been put back on the road. I hope you '09 serves you well and welcome to the forum.

Work in progress....
      Thanks
      I paid $500 for my '06 Aveo sedan. The previous owner had left it in a parking lot where it sat for 6 months. It would run for awhile and die. Giving random codes, the most common was ecm read-only memory performance. I bought the cheapest ECM on ebay ($40) swapped out the ECM and I have a nice little get-me-to-work car. the only problem now is I'm starting to like it...

Thanks
      Quote Originally Posted by guitardoc64 View Post
      I paid $500 for my '06 Aveo sedan. The previous owner had left it in a parking lot where it sat for 6 months. It would run for awhile and die. Giving random codes, the most common was ecm read-only memory performance. I bought the cheapest ECM on ebay ($40) swapped out the ECM and I have a nice little get-me-to-work car. the only problem now is I'm starting to like it...
      I always enjoy an AVEO RESCUED story such as yorz. Out of the many Aveos that are destroyed each year, I believe a good number could have been "saved" and put back on the road. As to your problem, "I'm starting to like it"..no worries, on this forum you are in contact with like-minded Aveo-owning/driving folks.

Page 18 of 19 FirstFirst ... 816171819 LastLast