•  
    Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: 2011 Aveo LT Catalytic Converter

What's wrong with my car?
      Thanks

2011 Aveo LT Catalytic Converter

I've owned this car since new and it only has 74k on it. A few months ago I started experiencing issues with the engine cutting out. It threw different codes, such as # 4 cylinder and other fuel related ones. I replaced the plugs and the coil pack and it seemed to run better, but I then had an issue on my way home one night. It was definitely a catalytic converter. My question is this: do these cars have cat issues? I also had to replace the front wheel bearings at 72k and this car has mostly highway miles. It was cheap, but it wasn't that cheap In spite of everything, I still like the car.

Thanks
      Cool, thank you. The car has been sitting in my garage since that incident and I will definitely look into it. I've kicked around the idea of selling it, but I do like the little POS

Should I keep it?
      Thanks
      Read some of my post on the PCV Rocker cover valve if you have a scanner watch the fuel trim it will be way high +

I probably make this a regularly replaced part it is a vacuum regulator as it let's fresh air into crankcase from underneath the coil cover back side small flat area with a looks like a devider but only has 1 small hole/port its to maintain a certain vacuum in the engine and compensate for engine blow by/ring leakage

I like these POS also got 482,000 out of a 2008 the 2009-2011 are a little diffrent as it's the VVT motor had to learn a lot on it

Should I keep it?
      Thanks
      To test a cat you have to do a back preassure test to see if it's pluged

Thanks
      My research is showing that you have to buy the valve cover and PCV valve together, correct?

Should I keep it?
      Thanks
      No you can buy it separately from my looking around there are 3 that are made in diffrent countries 1 Mexico Germany harder to find and more expensive 25-45 and the others probaly made in China and Taiwan I'd stay from China made stuff

it's a tight fit there I think 4 locking tabs sort of tight I'd probaly cut it up to remove but orignal valve covers are are around 125 better quality but I got one off ebay from a company CNS 35 shipped not the same quality but was cheap and worked and comes with a gasket from what I found the exhauat valve engine valve/rocker cover is part # 55564395 and 55558118

What do you mean there's no turbo?
      Garage empty: add car
      Thanks
      Zcarmaniac...well said "I still like the car!" From reading your June 25th post, we are both are 'blessed' with a 2011 Aveo (mine is a notchback (sedan) with very similar miles...at this date with 73482 miles.My question is, what symptom (s) lead you to diagnose necessary replacement of front wheel bearings? I have had a rotational noise for several (K) miles, but not sure as to cause? Also, if I may ask, what did the 'cheap' wheel bearing replacement cost? To sell or not to sell....hate to part with my (5) speed. Thank you. Robert Reynolds, Kansas City, MO. 64030

Should I keep it?
      Thanks
      Both my cars right front wheel bearing went bad had a noise like a grinding or bad tires making noise hard to locate 2008 had play on wheel when off the ground and 2011 also but 2x the noise sort of scary almost thought it was the transmission as noise travles down the axil had a rear wheel bearing went out left rear no play but not realy bad but the grease had dried out could hear it when driving close to a deviding curb on the road with windows down jack up the car and check for each wheel for play and noise front both will have to be off the ground

find a high long wall to drive by both ways with windows down to hear some noises you normally don't hear drive throughs sometimes give me notice of pending problems or what was that noise sometimes it nothing to be concerned about but I use timken tapered bearings in the front set35 normally just a ball bearing B35

9. The Following User Says Thank You to sjcleckley1 For This Useful Post:

kcROB (08-18-2023)

What do you mean there's no turbo?
      Garage empty: add car
      Thanks
      Manny thanks.....my noise is exactly as you described... a grinding noise...thought maybe cv joints.I will have no problem finding a wall or tunnel in this town to bounce and amplify noise. That's a great auto hack you won't find in repair manuals! This weekend ,I will jack up front and rear to test for excess play. Timken is a quality US brand. I think headquarters are in San Diego.

2004 1.6 Auto Rust Free
      Thanks
      Bad Wheel bearing noise is typically a growling noise which will change when you put a load on it when you turn the wheel left or right slightly while going down the road unless both sides are bad or they have been going bad for a long time. CV noise is usually a clicking noise

i also agree that the PCV valve could be the issue with the other poster.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast