•  

Thread: A few glitches in my Chevy Aveo

Thanks

Question A few glitches in my Chevy Aveo

Happy Spring Everyone. Ok recently I had some things happen that even chevy dealer in my area has no clue to the reason. First was the sputtering when idling. Then came sputtering while driving causing the "hold" light and the "check engine" light to blink. When I pulled over and stopped, they stopped. Go figure right. So I went and bought new spark plugs. the wires looked really new. The gap on my spark plug is supposed to be .044. In the engine they were .075. But this was not the problem. After I bought and changed the spark plugs it once again began to sputter and cause the flashing light show. (after thought) oh crap I forgot to mention all the oil I found in the spark plug area, so I cleaned it all out, but I did order a new gasket and now I am figuring .... could it possibly be... maybe.....I hope so, so I bought an ignition coil along with the gasket, figure to kill two birds with one stone. Does anyone here have any other ideas on what may be causing the problem. Oh here is the kicker, even with the check engine light flashing, no codes were tossed..... When doing the valve cover gasket, is there any torque needed, or just a good tightening. Any tips or suggestions before a rookie attempts to do the job, gotta learn sometime right?

Thanks
      Here is an update after installing the new ignition coil. Just by starting the car and it idling I noticed a change. Engine was running smoother with no little hiccups. On a test drive, not one skip, sputter, or chug. Ran very smooth. With this I am happy. Ok next project is doing the Valve Cover Gasket because I noticed the O-rings were oiled and the side of the engine had oil on the side. This I will need the help of a very great uncle and cousin who both know more about cars than I do, but I will be taking notes. My Wiper arm should be here Monday or Tuesday. This I think I can do on my own... Hush you laughers, LOL...

Almost time to do my timing belt xintersecty's Avatar
      Thanks
      The valve cover gasket is an easy job. Done it twice already. The first time took an hour the second time took 20 mins. Good luck on the wiper arm, it could be harder than you think!
      Please do not power off, firmware update pending.....

4. The Following User Says Thank You to xintersecty For This Useful Post:

kdr315 (03-22-2015)

Thanks
      Quote Originally Posted by xintersecty View Post
      The valve cover gasket is an easy job. Done it twice already. The first time took an hour the second time took 20 mins. Good luck on the wiper arm, it could be harder than you think!
      Do Tell?????

Almost time to do my timing belt xintersecty's Avatar
      Thanks
      LOL, I was just saying what seems easy often turns to be difficult and what is not easy sometimes turn out to be easy. The Valve cover job is easy, but you have to be patent. Personally I know not'in about no wiper arms.
      Please do not power off, firmware update pending.....

Thanks
      Quote Originally Posted by xintersecty View Post
      LOL, I was just saying what seems easy often turns to be difficult and what is not easy sometimes turn out to be easy. The Valve cover job is easy, but you have to be patent. Personally I know not'in about no wiper arms.
      Anything I should know, like does the air filter housing and the timing belt housing have to come off? Whats a good way to get oil out from plug holes and such?