•  
    Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Bosch premium wiper blades...

Should I keep it?
      Garage empty: add car
      Thanks

Re: Bosch premium wiper blades...

I have to ask a question to the OP: do you own an Aveo? (I know it may sound dumb, but some people around here own other model vehicles similar to the Aveo)

The reason I ask is, I have bought nothing but "premium" wipers. I had read (I can't remember where) that it is common with Aveo's for the middle portion of the window to leave a streak, where the arm would scratch the windshield had the blade not been there. I, too, have this problem (I have Rain-X Latitude blades). I have not yet found a workaround, but hopefully I can. I presume it is from a lack of pressure from the wiper arm since, for me, it is only on the return "swipe".

So, I wouldn't say it is the wiper, per-se.

Should I keep it?
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Monzaveo
      A dealership I did some detailing for, a long time ago, used 0000 Steel wool soaked in glass cleaner, and it worked excelent for any stubborn build up. Like a smokers car.
      I will have to try that. There is a film on the inside of my windshield that no matter how hard I scrub, it doesn't want to come off.

What do you mean there's no turbo?
      Thanks

Anybody use RAIN-X ? I swear by the stuff. Keep a fresh coat on and I rarely even use my wipers.

Thanks

Yeah, I love rain-x. Use it all summer.

I've honestly never got an amazing set of wipers that didn't go back fairly quickly. The best set I've probably ever had was a set of cheapo winter blades. Works pretty good in winter and seems to work fine in summer too. I forget the brand name, Anco I think...

Should I keep it?
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by AveoRob
      Anybody use RAIN-X ? I swear by the stuff. Keep a fresh coat on and I rarely even use my wipers.
      I use Rain-X washer fluid all year long. It helps as well, just not as good as having the real deal. I've yet to coat my windshield since I just got this car, but I've used it on all my other cars.

Should I keep it?
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Daox
      Quote Originally Posted by Unidentifiable
      It's a good idea to polish your windshield once a year. It can't hurt anything, but it may enlighten you a little bit, or at least make the world seem like a brighter place through your windshield. Especially if it's a few years old...
      How would you recommend doing this?
      Start off with wax and grease remover, scrub all the glass clean, inside and out.

Switch to any alcohol based (alcohol is biodegradable, ammonia is pretty harsh... I don't use Windex.) cleaner and scrub with the cleaner and clean paper (not a cloth, use paper. Even newspaper works.)

Check the condition of the windshield at this point. If it's got any kind of streaks and/or glare, you'll need to get some glass polish, and follow the directions on the can. The ones I've used (none particularly) recommend scuffing the glass with very fine steel or copper wool (copper doesn't come apart as quickly or leave grit behind as much, but also takes longer to use properly), then use the polish, normally with a buffer or buffing cloth. This removes micro-scratches and bug-dings. (Yes, a bug's head can do a number to glass at 70+ MPH.).

Polishing isn't usually necessary on the inside, as it's seldom damaged. Smoke residue and road grime will build up on the inside of the window, though, so clean it thoroughly with wax/grease remover and alcohol-based cleaning agents.

It takes awhile to get it fully done, but you'll likely be very happy with the results.

Done properly, it will also remove the obvious "wiper lines" that show the path of the wipers, which are normally only visible when the buzzard in the opposing lane leaves his high beams on, blinding you with glare... yeah, you know what I'm talking about.

Timing belt broke, do I keep it? serega12's Avatar
      Thanks

I use RainX Latitude wipers all around (I had to go 1 inch longer for the back since they didn't come in our stock size), and I too had the problem with it leaving a streak... I inspected the blade and I think I found an imperfection right there... And since it was on the return side, it really bugged me because it stayed there after the blade did it's job... so I scraped away the "imperfection" on the wiper itself, then carefully removed the rubber insert and reversed it... seemed to fix the problem. you can try it if it's still doing it.... By the way, LOVE the wipers, and LOVE Rain-X.

2006 Chevrolet Aveo a.k.a. Holden Barina – SOLD
      ​2008 Chevrolet Cobalt SS/TC - SOLD

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12