•  
    Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bosch premium wiper blades...

What do you mean there's no turbo?
      Garage empty: add car
      Thanks

Bosch premium wiper blades...

Dont waste your money!!!

A while back I was shopping for some wiper blades. I decided to spend some extra coin and get the best I could get, the freakin 21$ bosch..super duper aeordynamicly superior wire blade.

Had fancy packaging and a funy design, so I was swooned into thinking it was something better for the money.

This piece of crap consistently leaves streaks exactly where I need to see, in rain or snow.

After I got it I tried to bend it to work better....nope, dosent help. Thought It would get better. Now the receipts gone, its past 60 days, so I cant return it.
      (although I probably could if I really bitched up a storm) I'm just to laid back for all that nonsense.

I thought I'd just post a slam here so no-one else wastes there money.

Get a cheapo trico, thats just like the original and you'll probably be all set.

Still love my daily driver
      Thanks

Re: Bosch premium wiper blades...

problem with wipers is if they get too hot or too cold, they fail. if you live in socal, you can get the good wipers and have them last a few years. anywhere else, plan on it being a yearly expense

Thanks

I agree chad, although this thing didnt fail, it never wiped right , right out of the box.

At least if I trico sucks, you only lost 7 bucks.

This turd got me for 3 times that amount.

Timing belt broke, do I keep it?
      Thanks

i always buy the cheapies and they tend to last about a year, in fact mine are due for a changin right now.
      You can not commit crimes in a Aveo. Its just not fast enough.

Almost time to do my timing belt NYChevoo's Avatar
      Thanks

right now i have the winter blades on both the suburban and the aveo. i change ll yearly or sooner if the wipe quality lessens.
      Missing our beloved 1st gen Aveos everyday!
      Silence is golden. Duct tape is silver!!
      04 Aveo (mine gone but never forgotten)
      07 Aveo 5 (wifes car gone but never forgotten)
      02 Suburban (Eats gas stations as snacks)
      12 Cruze Eco 6MT
      (46mpg daily? Holy crap!)
      12 Sonic 2LT (Wifeys new wheels)

Chevoo-1/2 Chevy, 1/2 Daewoo. I mean like WTF?

What's wrong with my car?
      Thanks

On my mission to find an upgraded rear wiper blade for my Chevrolet Aveo, I ended-up finding a great wiper blade for all around... If you want to upgrade to the newer-style frameless wipers, I could only find one aftermarket choice that had the 14" size for the rear. They also come in the sizes for the front. I found the "Trico NeoForm Beam Blades" online and they're fairly priced, wipe super well, are super quiet, and look really good. They perform well in rain, mist, snow and ice and put up with the abuse of a Wisconsin winter. Anyway, I just got an email from wipers123.com where I got mine and there's currently a $15 rebate on NeoForms through 5/15/10 and a additional $5 instant coupon "springreturningcustomer" not sure when it expires... I'm not ready to replace mine yet so take it if you want it!

Keep the rubber side down!
      First Time Caller, Long Time Listener, Great Show - Love The Topic!!

Should I keep it?
      Thanks

Once again, there's a disclaimer to this post... I don't advocate others doing what I do. I just put the idea out there.

I only ever buy one wiper blade at a time. I put the new one on the driver's side, and put the old one on the passenger side. By the time I buy a new one for the drivers side, the passenger side (which was originally on the driver's side) is fully worn out.

For awhile, I was buying Jamak Silicone wipers. They have a lifetime warranty, which is a farce.. you pay shipping, which almost covers the cost of a new one. Anyway, never had to take them back. They've always worked fine for me, wish I'd stocked up before Wally World quit selling them. They were around $6 or $7, anyway.

One thing I see people blame on wipers alot is streaking. It's not always the wipers, though. Even the best wipers will streak on your windshield if they're being interrupted somewhere on the glass. It's a good idea to polish your windshield once a year. It can't hurt anything, but it may enlighten you a little bit, or at least make the world seem like a brighter place through your windshield. Especially if it's a few years old...

Do the same thing with your headlights... different topic.

What's wrong with my car?
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Unidentifiable
      It's a good idea to polish your windshield once a year.
      I agree with you. I srub down my windshield 2-3 times a year and then I treat it with Aquapel Glass Treatment which lasts 4-6 months. Not only do my wipers work better, but the bugs and debris don't stick quite as much and of course the main benefit is that the rain rolls right off the glass when I'm going faster than 45.
      First Time Caller, Long Time Listener, Great Show - Love The Topic!!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Unidentifiable
      It's a good idea to polish your windshield once a year. It can't hurt anything, but it may enlighten you a little bit, or at least make the world seem like a brighter place through your windshield. Especially if it's a few years old...
      How would you recommend doing this?

Thanks

I agree on the Polish.

Thats an old trick for selling a used car. Getting the glass to sparkle, can add that "hmm this ones not so bad" touch, to an older otherwise dismal looking car.

A dealership I did some detailing for, a long time ago, used 0000 Steel wool soaked in glass cleaner, and it worked excelent for any stubborn build up. Like a smokers car.

I also had this glass cleaner from Castle one time that went on like a wax.. worked very well.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast