•  

Thread: What would you like changed in the next gen. 2011 Aveo?

Thanks

Unhappy What would you like changed in the next gen. 2011 Aveo?

Personally, I'm hoping GM is making some effort at weight reduction.

Ford and Mazda are doing it (~2200 lbs for the new North American spec Fiesta/Mazda2).

Weight reduction is good for EVERYTHING people on this board care about: handling, acceleration, braking and fuel economy.

So I want the engineers to make an effort to get the lead out. ~2550 lbs is porky for a subcompact hatch. We already know the next gen car is going to be a bit bigger ... if they have to make it bigger, it would be cool if they could do it without upping the weight too (or even reduce it).

---
      Aveo Underdrive Pulleys -- $20 Off Sale This Week. Get more info here.
      ---

Lifetime owner
      Garage empty: add car
      Thanks

Re: What would you like changed in the next gen. 2011 Aveo?

just curious where you got the 2550 number? never see the empty weights anywhere for "low end" cars.

i doubt it will be lighter just yet, although the design lines look like more area covered in plastic, (1/4 is smaller with no window and bumpers seem to wrap further) but we know that means little in terms of weight.

Thanks

I went with the 2010 hatchback curb weight from GM figures: 2010_chevy_aveo_specifications_features.php

The 2004 was ~2350 lbs: 2004_chevy_aveo_specifications_features.php

Quote Originally Posted by petrified.rabbit
      i doubt it will be lighter just yet
      I doubt it too (eg. just an example: I see 5 lug wheels in the spy shots, not the current 4). But it's good to have a dream. [-o<
      ---
      Aveo Underdrive Pulleys -- $20 Off Sale This Week. Get more info here.
      ---

Timing belt broke, do I keep it? serega12's Avatar
      Garage empty: add car
      Thanks

I would like them to go with projection headlights. I had those in my mazda cx-7 and fell in love with them. That's why I installed them on my aveo.... they're not as good as OEM mazda were, but they're a definite improvement over the stock optics... Also I would like to see bigger size stock speakers (makes it easier to upgrade your sound quality without cutting bigger holes in doors/panels).

And I agree with you guys, a little bit lighter car would be a great improvement if GM is trying to market this car as a sporty hatch to compete with FIT and other cars out there... But that could be wishful thinking on our part.

And I would LOVE it if GM would come out with quite a bit more of aftermarket tuner support and parts that could be purchased from the dealer and be covered under the warranty too, kind of like scion does... That's my .02$

2006 Chevrolet Aveo a.k.a. Holden Barina – SOLD
      ​2008 Chevrolet Cobalt SS/TC - SOLD