•  
    Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: any idea what the value of the 05 LS hatch is?

Timing belt broke, do I keep it? thehunterooo's Avatar
      Garage empty: add car
      Thanks

Re: any idea what the value of the 05 LS hatch is?

lol if its like mine, it will be fixed lol, aveos are cheap cars with very cheap parts

I'll keep it and add a turbo
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by AveoRob
      Here are some more considerations...OK, lets just say the value of that particular car/miles/options is 5K and you owe 6K. If they give you a check for 5K you should be able to buy another car outright with that, and carry the same note on it, you are not out anything, you still have a similar car and you are still 1K upside down. Now if you have to pay tax and tags, etc. on the 5K for the new car, then you are out that money and I would try to recover that too. Like said before make sure you justify the value in KBB or edmunds, who knows in this market you may end up out ahead.
      no i wont. because State Farm (his provider) pays Gmac with the money they say my car is worth. so if they decide the car is worth 5k, and i owe 6k, they pay Gmac 5k, leaving me without a car still, AND 1k in the hole for a vehicle i dont have because of someone elses negligence. after checking KBB, they say my dealer value was only 3100 before the accident. the appraiser is supposed to look at it today, i'll keep you all posted.

Thanks

you could sue for the rest, but it may not be worth it. too bad for all the custom stuff, its the risk everyone takes nowadays (unless you have insurance for the custom items, but who does lol)

Thanks

man that blows. They need to make it harder to be able to get a driver's license, like maybe require the people to know what a red light is for..

Thanks

just got off the phone with their total loss department. they told me the car was only worth $3900 and it was considered a total loss. this is going to leave me without a car, and i have to pay GMAC the remaining $2100. thanks to the state of the economy, i cant find work, let alone save enough to get another car. this ****ing sucks

Almost time to do my timing belt
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by AveoBlack
      just got off the phone with their total loss department. they told me the car was only worth $3900 and it was considered a total loss. this is going to leave me without a car, and i have to pay GMAC the remaining $2100. thanks to the state of the economy, i cant find work, let alone save enough to get another car. this ****ing sucks
      Damn that sucks, that's why I got the whatever-its-called plan when I had a car loan, it guarenteed that if the car got totalled while I still owed money, even if I was upside down on payments, I wouldn't have to fork over the difference. Sadly the car got totalled a few months after paying it off....

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by y2daniel1981
      Quote Originally Posted by AveoBlack
      Damn that sucks, that's why I got the whatever-its-called plan when I had a car loan, it guarenteed that if the car got totalled while I still owed money, even if I was upside down on payments, I wouldn't have to fork over the difference. Sadly the car got totalled a few months after paying it off....
      its been so long since i bought the car, i cant remember if i bought the gap insurance or not. i just got off the phone with their claims department again. i cant believe the **** they try to pull. they told me the car had prior damage that they werent responsible for. i asked what prior damage the car had, and they gave me all these damages that were the result of the accident i had to call about in the first place. i told them this, and they said there was heavy rust, and that was their proof. i had to explain to them, that the car sat for 3 days outside in a thunderstorm before they sent anyone to haul it where they would look at it. then i had to explain to them the accident scenario as to how the damages occured in the first place. they understand a smashed front end means their client hit my car, but try explaining how the side of the car got damaged, and all of a sudden physics dont apply to these people. they know i have a little car. they know their client has a big ass 1970something lincoln. but they dont understand how my car gets pushed into another vehicle after impact?! then they told me that my performance enhancments i added for better handling and vision were considered preferential, and didnt add to the value of the car. in my opinion, they shouldnt have to add to the value, its bad enough these things were damaged, and should be taken into account.

Almost time to do my timing belt
      Thanks

Wow dude, they are bending you over bad! I would most definently take it to court. This guy should be up for at least wreckless endagerment, and failure to yield. That's not right, consult a lawyer cuz' when I got rear-ended in my wreck my truck was totalled and all-state tried to bend me over like that and I sicked a lawyer on them and got 3700 bucks just for my old beat up 88 bronco 2. They tried to give me 1200 and were trying to weasle out of paying my girlfriends and my medical bills at the ER afterwards. Once I got a lawyer involved I ended up getting 3700 for my truck, go my truck back for free(which I sold for 300 bucks in parts), got 1700 pain and suffering, and they paid all my medical bills and for my time missed from work. A lawyer is a small price to pay if he thinks you have case. I'm sorry to hear they're screwin you like this man.
      Farthest North Aveo: Fairbanks, Alaska

Thanks

they should give you the kbb, but the aveo just does not hold its value(****ing honda), anyways, once you get a job, go to drivetime and overpay for a car(you will get a newer car at least, even with poor credit, after not paying on the aveo), getting the job will be tough though. Too bad the economy sucks, I work at disney now because of it Hey, you could thank the GOP, short sale investers and import car buyers for your tough times. Good luck man

Thanks

after getting off the phone with an attorney, i got ahold of someone at GMAC. Apparently i bought the GAP coverage, so this hell is less intimidating. i still wont have a car, but now i can save my money and buy a VW Golf like i wanted to in the first place. i dont think i'll ever buy from Chevy again. they got me to pay 23,000 on a 10,000 car, and after i bought the extra coverage, i couldnt get them to make good on my warranties when i needed them to.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast