•  

Thread: Electrical power issue, help…

What's wrong with my car?
      Garage empty: add car
      Thanks

Electrical power issue, help…

Hello, I’ve recently bought a blown up Aveo, I just got the motor dropped in and everything hooked back up, I get power to the coil pack, engine fuse box, and oil pressure, check engine, and battery light. But that’s it. The motor came from a 2005 automatic, and I dropped it in a 2008 5 Speed. I have ohms but no voltage. I am completely stumped. I removed to whole harness because I had to switch fuel injector plugs due to damage on the original ones. Any advice would be awesome because I cannot find ANYTHING online that helps. Thanks!

2004 1.6 Auto Rust Free
      Thanks
      You don’t want to hear this, but those years are not compatible. 04-05 are interchangeable. And I think 06-08 are interchangeable? but, what you did won’t work, it absolutely will give you fits that you will never resolve. Go searching in this site, you’ll see you’re not the first one to do this regrettable engine swap.

Thanks
      Well, after days of looking, I now only have a few issues. I’ve got power to the whole car, but I can’t get the starter to do anything unless I jump it, and I can’t get fuel to the fuel rail, it stops at the little pressure regulator thing on the backside of the motor on the a shaped bracket. But the motor will run if given fuel directly to the rail, sounds good too. The only thing that’s 2005 is the block and head. I used/bought accessories for a 2008 to eliminate having to swap the harness. Is it still incompatible? Or did I save my ass just using the block and head from the 2005?

Thanks
      Update: I’ve gotten my electric issues mostly fixed. The only issue now is that I can’t get fuel past the pressure regulator behind the intake manifold. I’ve even switched it out, if I can figure this out the car should run and stay running.

Should I keep it?
      Thanks
      The 08 the preassure regulator built into the fuel pump and ecm controlled the throttle remove the fuel line and check preassure at the pump earlier ones had a fuel filter back by the fuel tank 08 is built into the pump if you have an empty fuel line it will take a while to get to the rail pull off the line to purge out the air after getting pump to work

Thanks
      Update: So I’ve gotten the car running, it runs fairly well. It’s got new front suspension, interior from a parts car which is in really good condition, new rad, rad fan, engine from earlier mentioned parts car, the motor only has 101k on the odometer. I’m also installing a clutch kit that claims to be a stage 2 kit, and the rod that the slave cylinder pushes because the car acts like the clutch is always pressed. And the transmission had all its gears before I swapped the motor, but anyways here’s some pictures of my progress…

Thanks
      Name:  IMG_0559.jpg
Views: 47
Size:  294.6 KBName:  IMG_0628.jpg
Views: 42
Size:  293.0 KBName:  IMG_0642.jpg
Views: 46
Size:  297.2 KBName:  IMG_0675.jpg
Size:  308.6 KBName:  IMG_0664.jpg
Size:  291.4 KBName:  IMG_0695.jpg
Views: 45
Size:  305.5 KBName:  IMG_0852.jpg
Views: 44
Size:  307.8 KB

Thanks
      From top to bottom, top being when I first bought my hoopty, to bottom, got it put back together to find out I have to pull the transmission.

2004 1.6 Auto Rust Free
      Thanks
      It can be the gift that keeps on giving unfortunately, but you’ve done so much to date. At least you don’t have to pull the motor to drop the transmission. I highly recommend changing the torque converter seal and reinstall a new one from Toyota. There have been many people that ordered an aftermarket one only to drop the transmission again due to leaking. (This is if you have an automatic)

https://www.aveoforum.com/forum/f82/...-please-16789/