•  
    Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Who will be the first Sonic owner on this forum?

Thanks
      Both the VW Golf and Honda Fit are out of the question over here in Turkey. The Honda Fit 1.4 litre, a smaller car, doesn't come in diesel, and the base model, very plain, is in USD here, 21,453. The Volkswagen Golf 1.6 litre TDI 90 hp base model is 26,364 USD. The Chevrolet "new" Aveo, 1.3 litre 75 hp with start/stop system and nicely equipped LT version, mine, is 21,359 USD. All prices are including tax. Of course I paid less then that, but it shows you the value of this new diesel car. Remeber, the goverment here is very hard up/greedy for tax money. So anything 1.6 litre and below is taxed at 37%, above 1.6 to 2.0 litre, tax is 80%, and above 2 litre, 108%! Cars are not allowed to be imported into Turkey for longer then 6 months, unless you are willing to put a bond with the goverment equal to the value of the car, which will be returned when either you take the car out of the country or scrap it. You cannot sell it to a Turk, but can to another legal foreign resident here, if they are willing to put up the bond on it. So IMHO, the diesel Aveo is a great value.

LXV-SCOOTADRIVE, ON! 2010AveoLT's Avatar
      Thanks
      Quote Originally Posted by wylee View Post
      I don't know about that...I see a lot of used Aveos listed at dealers for over 12k. I think someone posted here not to long ago about paying 13k for a used 2011. Don't underestimate the ability of dealers to sell monthly payments to young buyers.
      the Dealer that sold me Scootaloo has another 2010 Aveo, but its Highway Yellow, has Power Everything, has 3,484 more miles on it than mine, and they want $12,728. and to think, not 3 months ago, I was at that EXACT Dealer, where I got my Scoots for $10,382.93 and she had 38K on the clock! (my opinion on why they want $12K for it is because of the power options.) and at Alexander Chevrolet-Buick-GMC (my Local GM Dealer, and ironically, is right next door to the Dealer where I got Scoots), they have a pair of Aveo5s (a 2007 and a 2009) they want nearly $13K for the '09, and only $9K for the '07!

Garage empty: add car
      Thanks
      Quote Originally Posted by thehunterooo View Post
      Moral of the story is to only buy Honda and that NYChevoo is a blind fool who should have bought a fit because it is better than the sonic.
      You are so easily trolled LOL!!! but just read any review, the FIT is better than the Sonic, and when resale time comes, but I thought we were on the Golf anyway, see how easy you are?

Timing belt broke, do I keep it? thehunterooo's Avatar
      Thanks
      Last edited by thehunterooo; 05-21-2012 at 10:35 PM. Reason: Not going to waste my time.

Thanks
      Tried a Fit over here, for the price, and drive quality, and fit and finish, it is way, way overpriced here in Turkey, the "new" Aveo is heads and shoulders above it in all aspects, especially price and mileage with the diesel.

Lifetime owner
      Thanks
      Quote Originally Posted by 2010AveoLT View Post
      where I got my Scoots for $10,382.93 and she had 38K on the clock!
      I paid $117.07 more than you for my 2009 aveo. Thats the out the door cost for mine brand new, including taxes and paper work.

Thanks
      Quote Originally Posted by Steve B View Post
      Tried a Fit over here, for the price, and drive quality, and fit and finish, it is way, way overpriced here in Turkey, the "new" Aveo is heads and shoulders above it in all aspects, especially price and mileage with the diesel.
      I don't know about that, the Honda forums would disagree.

Almost time to do my timing belt NYChevoo's Avatar
      Thanks
      Hey all just so everyone knows with "my being a blind fool" or "I couldve bought a vw, mazda, or honda" and whether or not "my choices were limited to GM Products" let me quickly fill you all in and by the way do not think I am offended by anyones comments here. Thats why we have the forums. Its to voice our own opinions. Its called freedom of speech. Anyway if you all remember last year I was all gung-ho on buying the new Jetta. Remember how I constanly posted about that but when the time finally came I bought the new Cruze? As far as thats concerned I am very pro-Chevy. Always have been, always will be. I know that there are many finer and better engineered products out there like BMW, Mercedes, Toyotas, Mazdas, and Hondas, and so on. I do not feel in any way that my GM lacks in accomplishing what I need done which is to commute 140 miles a day round trip. I also believe that a car is only as good as the person who takes the time to maintain that car properly. I'm real big on that. Now why would I want to get stranded on the side of the road for something that was avoidable because I was too cheap or lazy to be preventative. They are only junk if you treat them like junk. People need to realize that they work hard for their money and what they own. Why not take care of what you own because you worked hard for the money to buy it? As far as my wifes new Sonic is concerned, she was very fond of her 2007 Aveo5 Hatchback but really like all the options my new Cruze has, and also still wanted to retain the easiness of driving her hatchback so the Sonic was a natural choice.
      Another point I would like to make is that I am glad both the Sonic made at Orion, and the Cruze made at Lordstown are both manufactured here by American workers. Now I know that not all the parts in both cars are completely made here but at least some Americans have jobs because GM decided to do final assembly in the USA. Now here is a quote for you all to think about! Preston Tucker (Tucker Automobile Company) once said back in 1948 "If we're not careful then someday we're going to be buying our cars and radios from our former enemies" Sound like the truth to anyone? Do you want to send your money overseas so that some other nations can benefit? Would you rather tell some child here "I'm sorry I have no money to give you because I had to send my money overseas to feed some family overthere" We have people out of work, who want to work but we are outsourcing our jobs overseas where labor is cheaper than keeping our jobs here at home. I know this is going to ignite a frenzy of opposition and hopefully discussion. It needs to be discussed. For those of us who live here in America this is very important. You have no idea how much I hate the fact that we spend billions over seas but we have children here who are hungry, elderly who are not cared for and I could go on but this is how I feel. Just remember, and product that you can buy here whether its cars, soap, shampoo, a frigging broom helps keep our money here. Anything thats made here others will benefit here at home.
      Missing our beloved 1st gen Aveos everyday!
      Silence is golden. Duct tape is silver!!
      04 Aveo (mine gone but never forgotten)
      07 Aveo 5 (wifes car gone but never forgotten)
      02 Suburban (Eats gas stations as snacks)
      12 Cruze Eco 6MT
      (46mpg daily? Holy crap!)
      12 Sonic 2LT (Wifeys new wheels)

Chevoo-1/2 Chevy, 1/2 Daewoo. I mean like WTF?

Thanks
      I was being sarcastic as usual NY , but +1. Jobs need to stay here though, everyone can agree on that.

Almost time to do my timing belt NYChevoo's Avatar
      Thanks
      Quote Originally Posted by thehunterooo View Post
      I was being sarcastic as usual NY , but +1. Jobs need to stay here though, everyone can agree on that.
      I know brother. I wasnt offended!

Missing our beloved 1st gen Aveos everyday!
      Silence is golden. Duct tape is silver!!
      04 Aveo (mine gone but never forgotten)
      07 Aveo 5 (wifes car gone but never forgotten)
      02 Suburban (Eats gas stations as snacks)
      12 Cruze Eco 6MT
      (46mpg daily? Holy crap!)
      12 Sonic 2LT (Wifeys new wheels)

Chevoo-1/2 Chevy, 1/2 Daewoo. I mean like WTF?

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast