•  

Thread: Why does this keep happening??

What's wrong with my car?
      Thanks

Lightbulb Why does this keep happening??

I was driving and my battery light came on and then when I turned the car off it wouldn't start so once I charged the battery I got it going again but the same thing happened so I bought and replaced the alternator and surpentine belt and even bought a new battery everything was fine once replaced but then the other day I was driving it around and had been all day out the blue the battery light came back on and I turned it off and it wouldn't start back so I got a boost and was able to get it home but it is blowing my mind as to why this keeps happening...please help me with this?? Thank you!!

What do you mean there's no turbo?
      Garage empty: add car
      Thanks
      Welcome to the AVEO forum/club! Smart people know Aveos are reliable, handle well and cheap to operate, making the Aveo a great buy for the money. Sorry to hear your Aveo is temporarily not feeling well. I don't know much about what makes Aveos run, but please be patient. There are many members on this forum that are very well versed in maintenance and repair/troubleshooting. I am sure, once they read your post, you will get some xlnt info. It might expedite the reply, if you give the year and mileage of your manual transmission Aveo. Good luck! Keep us informed of your progress and again...welcome aboard! Edit...for what it is worth, your problem and what you have done sounds like a bad ground, but I'm not sure where to look or how to test for one.
      Last edited by kcROB; 06-12-2024 at 02:53 AM.

What's wrong with my car?
      Thanks
      Do you have aftermarket parts installed, like an amplifier for your stereo, or something? Sounds like something is drinking your batteries too fast or the alternator isn't charging the battery. Probably need a new alternator.

Thanks
      I believe Ladyjew55ia said she replaced the alternator. Maybe her '06 is overheating due to a head gasket and/or cracked head. She mentioned finding water (coolant?) at the top-back of motor. Her plastic water elbow might be leaking and the fan pushes the water back toward the firewall.The coolant might be shorting out her E-system. Take it somewhere and have the trouble codes read for free. She should note the temp reading when her '06 shuts down. I hope she lets us know of the outcome from a local mechanic.

Thanks
      Quote Originally Posted by Ladyjew55ia View Post
      I was driving and my battery light came on and then when I turned the car off it wouldn't start so once I charged the battery I got it going again but the same thing happened so I bought and replaced the alternator and surpentine belt and even bought a new battery everything was fine once replaced but then the other day I was driving it around and had been all day out the blue the battery light came back on and I turned it off and it wouldn't start back so I got a boost and was able to get it home but it is blowing my mind as to why this keeps happening...please help me with this?? Thank you!!
      Did you get your charging problem resolved, either fixed or explained? Do you still own your 2006?