•  

Thread: Why does no one like to help

What's wrong with my car?
      Garage empty: add car
      Thanks

Why does no one like to help

I have seen multiple posts of people asking for help. If everyone on this forum is here for the same vehicle why is no one trying to help any one? If you are familiar with a problem someone is asking about it does not take to much of your time to respond not everyone has money to take there vehicle to a shop or they just don't trust shops

Should I keep it?
      Thanks
      I don't quite agree with your analysis, I have found that there Is quite a lot of help on the forum.
      At times there have been some ambiguous questions , so keep in mind we don't have all the info the 'poster' has when they ask their question, and for some.they don't want to make assumptions and possibly give incorrect info.
      Many are here to learn about maintaining their own vehicle , whether it is to save money or the pride in doing this work themselves and may not have the expertise in a specific area , and hence follow and learn in the background but always willing to give assistance where they feel they can, and may not have the options or a yearly relevance to the vehicle in question.

Cheers

3. The Following User Says Thank You to JB_Fraser For This Useful Post:

MetroMPG (11-06-2017)

Thanks
      JB_Fraser - agreed.

There are a bunch of regular members here who freely offer lots of good advice for no other reason than they like to help people with their Aveos. Mostly, they reply to brand new members who show up just to ask about their problem and then never post again.

It's also possible that if a question doesn't get responses, it not have been asked in a clear way.

Lifetime owner
      Thanks
      A lot of people probably just wait for me to respond, in fact quite a few have been IMing me directly.

Although I have been on the site less frequently. I have been working almost 60 hours weeks, am in grad school (32 credits in one year) and am not currently an aveo owner. So it has been hard to get to the site. I tend to miss a lot of posts. But I do see other people stepping up. And I try to get here on occasion.

But I will say, for all the advice I have given on here. It is mostly the regulars who show the most appreciation and even post whether they found a solution to the problem to help those other owners reading the posts.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to petrified.rabbit For This Useful Post:

MetroMPG (11-07-2017)

Thanks
      Thanks, Rabbit.

It's one of my biggest peeves: when people don't post back to say how their problem was ultimately solved.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to MetroMPG For This Useful Post:

PoisonIvy (11-07-2017)

Thanks
      You can't expect people to directly respond. The fourm is here to go through of people who had the promblems in the past. I would use a fine tooth comb and go through it. Help me on the coilover swap, timing belt, and a couple of other things. I'm a regular on here