Hello, I pulled out my driver side cv axel this afternoon and was preparing to install the new one after comparing with the old. They appeared identical, I double checked the part number for the correct specs, (Manual transmission, left side, w/o ABS. Everything was fine and dandy until I trid to insert the transmission end in to the opening. It went in about 1/2 an inch and then stopped. I could not get it to accept the shaft. I triple checked the axel, again comparing it to the old one, same number of splines, same length shaft. This time i decided to push a little. Bad idea. It went a little further and then got stuck. It took me another hour to remove the new cv axel which I ended up damaging and had to order another. I cannot find a repair manual and I am waiting for the new part to arrive and I would love to know what i did wrong. If anyone has an answer please speak up! I also need to do the passenger side once im finished with the driver side and I noticed a foam or rubber sleave of sort on the old shaft but not on the new one. Does anyone know what this is? Thank you.

-Sal