•  

Thread: Problems with 06 Chevy Aveo not starting sometimes...

What's wrong with my car?
      Garage empty: add car
      Thanks

Problems with 06 Chevy Aveo not starting sometimes...

I have an 06 Chevy Aveo that has been driving me crazy the past month. If it sits for awhile (over 5 hours), it will start up no problem. So on the way to work, starts fine; after a long day at work, starts fine. But if I stop at a gas station, go to the store a couple of minutes or even sit at church for 2 hours, it will not start again unless it has been sitting for another few hours. We recently had a new battery put in, since it was already going bad according to Autozone's test on it. We have had the wires all cleaned. We took it to Tires Plus, who looked it over for electrical problems as well as thoroughly checked everytrhing under the hood. Only thing they came up with was to try replacing the fuel pump. We did that. Still not wanting to start (will turn over but stops just shy) If rev the engine at the same time as turning the key, sometimes it seems to help start it, other times it doens't help. Even then it takes awhile to start. No lights on dashboard showing anything is wrong. There is fuel in the car as well. Any ideas..??

What do you mean there's no turbo? Chevy Customer Svc's Avatar
      Thanks
      Quote Originally Posted by becca.c. View Post
      I have an 06 Chevy Aveo that has been driving me crazy the past month. If it sits for awhile (over 5 hours), it will start up no problem. So on the way to work, starts fine; after a long day at work, starts fine. But if I stop at a gas station, go to the store a couple of minutes or even sit at church for 2 hours, it will not start again unless it has been sitting for another few hours. We recently had a new battery put in, since it was already going bad according to Autozone's test on it. We have had the wires all cleaned. We took it to Tires Plus, who looked it over for electrical problems as well as thoroughly checked everytrhing under the hood. Only thing they came up with was to try replacing the fuel pump. We did that. Still not wanting to start (will turn over but stops just shy) If rev the engine at the same time as turning the key, sometimes it seems to help start it, other times it doens't help. Even then it takes awhile to start. No lights on dashboard showing anything is wrong. There is fuel in the car as well. Any ideas..??
      Thank you for your post. Sorry to hear you're having these issues. I have documented your concern. It could be one of many things going on here. Because if I am not a Certified Mechanic/Tech, I am unable to diagnose.

If you would like to private message me your vehicle's VIN#, I could check to see if there are any special coverages related to the issues you are having.

Vanessa
      GM Customer Service

Lifetime owner
      Thanks
      Did they check the fuel pump relay?