•  

Thread: 2010 Chevy Aveo 1.6l not starting

What's wrong with my car?
      Garage empty: add car
      Thanks

Unhappy 2010 Chevy Aveo 1.6l not starting

So my girlfriend left the windows down in her car the other day and, being Florida, it rained... So we let the car dry out for a few days and when we got in to drive it, nothing. The starter isn't clicking, the radio doesn't work, the clock doesn't come on, the ac blower will not turn on, the odometer LCD lights up but shows no readings of anything. I checked the fuses and they all looked just fine, so I assumed some water got into a body control module of some kind, but from what I've read, there isn't one? I have the factory service manual for the car, and I have been trying to trace down the problem, but as of yet, no luck. If anyone could help me I would appreciate it, the girlfriend's starts her new job in 2 days and she's not very good with my Mazda 6 M/T just yet...

Thanks
      I bought an Aveo a few months ago and did the same thing but I dried it out and it started ok and ran but I changed the plugs two days ago but now it runs rough. My Actron tells me # 4 is misfiring. Checked everything a dozen times and all seems ok. Any suggestioins please.

What do you mean there's no turbo? Chevy Customer Svc's Avatar
      Thanks
      Quote Originally Posted by xxjr89xx View Post
      So my girlfriend left the windows down in her car the other day and, being Florida, it rained... So we let the car dry out for a few days and when we got in to drive it, nothing. The starter isn't clicking, the radio doesn't work, the clock doesn't come on, the ac blower will not turn on, the odometer LCD lights up but shows no readings of anything. I checked the fuses and they all looked just fine, so I assumed some water got into a body control module of some kind, but from what I've read, there isn't one? I have the factory service manual for the car, and I have been trying to trace down the problem, but as of yet, no luck. If anyone could help me I would appreciate it, the girlfriend's starts her new job in 2 days and she's not very good with my Mazda 6 M/T just yet...

Thank you for your post. Sorry to hear about the issues you're having but it sounds like you may have to talk with or schedule a visit to your dealership to see what's going on here. Is your Aveo under warranty?

Vanessa
      GM Customer Service

Thanks
      Quote Originally Posted by Chevy Customer Svc View Post
      Thank you for your post. Sorry to hear about the issues you're having but it sounds like you may have to talk with or schedule a visit to your dealership to see what's going on here. Is your Aveo under warranty?

Vanessa
      GM Customer Service
      Had it towed to a dealership this morning, crossing my fingers that it's covered under the powertrain warranty

Thanks
      Had it towed to a dealership this morning, crossing my fingers that it's covered under the powertrain warranty
      Rang the local dealership with the V.I.N. and it is out of warranty despite it only having done 36900 miles and a 07 so no more American vehicles for me. I'll work on it and get it running then sell it.

What do you mean there's no turbo? Chevy Customer Svc's Avatar
      Thanks
      Ok, so the warranty has expired. Just a thought, I know you do most of your own work but you may want to think about an extended warranty when buying your next vehicle. Take care and keep me posted on how the work goes.

Vanessa
      GM Customer Service