•  
    Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Oil pressure test

What do you mean there's no turbo?
      Garage empty: add car
      Thanks

Re: Oil pressure test

Hey MikeDudley,

Weren't you the guy in the other thread about oil and interval changes boasting about using Mobil 1 synthetic and Mobil 1 filters? Flaming me because I posted about using plain dino oil and going 5K intervals? So the Mobil 1 has failed you? Or just not made any difference. Anywho, going to 10W-30 may eliminate the symptoms, but not the problem. I agree as previously stated the you are experiencing low pressure across the board, but at idle it is below the sensor threshold. Better hold off on that turbo.......

Timing belt broke, do I keep it?
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by AveoRob
      Hey MikeDudley,

Weren't you the guy in the other thread about oil and interval changes boasting about using Mobil 1 synthetic and Mobil 1 filters? Flaming me because I posted about using plain dino oil and going 5K intervals? So the Mobil 1 has failed you? Or just not made any difference. Anywho, going to 10W-30 may eliminate the symptoms, but not the problem. I agree as previously stated the you are experiencing low pressure across the board, but at idle it is below the sensor threshold. Better hold off on that turbo.......
      Did you read the whole thread or no? I wasnt flaming you though, I was explaining my point of view on those articles, not you. If I did flame you, I apologize as it was not intended.

I may end up dropping the oil pan this weekend to see if my pickup tube is dirty or clogged or even has a hole in it But I pray that its just something simple as air in the system or something.
      You can not commit crimes in a Aveo. Its just not fast enough.

What do you mean there's no turbo?
      Thanks

Ok Mike maybe it was another guy, but seemed like everyone was jumping on me cause I posted some articles that rebuffed the 3K myth, and also said there was no noticible difference for the normal use in oil. Well good luck with your problem, hope it isn't major.

What's wrong with my car?
      Thanks

well if you want to know if your oil pump is shot you will need to buy an oil pressure test gauge pull out our oil sending unit and screw in the test gauge find the oil pressure specs for your engine and run your rpms low and high if your pressure checks out its most likely your oil sender unit or electrical that is faulty if your oil pressure is too low or high then it would be your oil pump or blocked oil galley.. there is no other possible way to diagnose without directly testing oil pressure.. the computer is not tied into the oil pressure dtc light so there is no possible way to scan for it on a scan tool or get a code.... they are two seperate systems... Good luck oh by the way if your oil pump is really out you shouldn't be driving it. cause if you have a complete failure you will be replacing your engine along with your oil pump much better get it to the shop asap before you lose alot of $$$$$$ just some fyi good luck

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123