•  

Thread: No Start & P2610 Code

What's wrong with my car?
      Thanks

No Start & P2610 Code

I just got my 04 AVEO back on the road yesterday after a rebuilt cylinder head, new timing belt, water pump, idlers, and gaskets. Trouble shot an oil leak and changed out new am seals. Got rid of all the nasty issues. Car was behaving and driving well and idling nicely with no codes. Later on I was going to take it a long drive and then while the vehicle was idling in the garage it died and won't start. Charged the battery, tried a new coil, a different battery, a new ecu. All I have is a P2610 code but no start. Checked the fuses. The P2610 code is set in the first ecu that was in the car. Trying to get the beast going. Have tried just about everything I know aside from dragging the car behind another on a tow rope and popping the clutch... Sugestions please Rocky

Thanks
      P2610 and NO START PROBLEM SOLVED TODAY! I pulled the car into the garage and took off the crankshaft position sensor plug, sprayed it with radio shack contact cleaner, put it back together and it started right up. The white ZOMBIE lives and drives again. Now if I can only figure out the horn always on problem. No more codes and I have erased P2610 and it is gone. I HATE IT WHEN FOLKS ON THE AVEO FORUM ASK FOR HELP AND THEN NEVER POST THE REAL SOLUTION TO THEIR PROBLEM. This cleaning a crankshaft sensor connection plug saved me over $200. $75 for a tow to the dealer and a minimum of $150 just for diagnostics. At first I thought they (shorted out horn and no start) might have been connected however they are definitely 2 separate problems. Winter sucks here in Canada. Rocky

I'll keep it and add a turbo
      Thanks
      Trying to imagine how on earth that plug got dirty. On top of the engine, surrounded by plastic, fairly good connector design. Was your car submersed in water at some point? Seriously though, I wonder was the corrosion on the plug green? With this and your horn, I'm beginning to thing you have some bad grounding that's corroding your connections. It couldn't hurt, and might help to add your own ground strap from battery to frame. And maybe another from battery to block, though off hand I can't think of where to get a good connection on that side of the block. A lousy ground will start making ALL your electrical connections corrode.

Thanks

Cool Moe on NO Start and P2610 Code

Quote Originally Posted by gothstone View Post
      Trying to imagine how on earth that plug got dirty. On top of the engine, surrounded by plastic, fairly good connector design. Was your car submersed in water at some point? Seriously though, I wonder was the corrosion on the plug green? With this and your horn, I'm beginning to thing you have some bad grounding that's corroding your connections. It couldn't hurt, and might help to add your own ground strap from battery to frame. And maybe another from battery to block, though off hand I can't think of where to get a good connection on that side of the block. A lousy ground will start making ALL your electrical connections corrode.
      The explanation is when I removed the damaged head the crankshaft sensor plug was removed from a bracket attached to the coil pack bracket. When the head was reinstalled and the coil pack put back in place the bracket was no where to be found. The crankshaft sensor plug was re-connected but the safety wire clip was left off. On initial fire up we had issues with wild uncontrolled acceleration. The car got towed to and from the dealer where they did more damage until I took it back and sorted it out. So when the engine failed while idling it turns out the plug must have vibrated apart enough that it killed the engine. Cleaning the plug with contact cleaner, and reconnecting it did the job. I have since found the missing safety clip and reinstalled it. GM DAEWOO must have known what they were doing when they insisted on the safety clip. I relied on the forum data on P2610 codes and the alldata checklist on P2610 codes to get to this point in checking for engine failure. The interesting thing is that most time P2610 does not involve failing to fire or start. I hate problems but I love when people post the real solution or explanation to what happened to their car. Rocky