•  

Thread: It's me again, and this code P0106

What's wrong with my car?
      Thanks

Angry It's me again, and this code P0106

Well, boyfriend came home today from work, and his check engine light was on.

Couple weeks back, we changed the air filter, spark plugs, spark plug wires, then the A/C stopped working, checked the fuse, it was done with, so used the spare one, and it works perfectly now. It hasn't been surging one bit.

So, we went to the auto store, they ran the test thing for free, and it threw that code. It's for the MAP sensor. Now, what's interesting is his car was almost on E when the check engine light came on. After we stopped by a few places after getting the info about what was going on, I got about 23 bucks worth of gas, it wouldn't let me fill the car completely up, just kept stopping, and I only got 6.8 gallons in, and it was a hair above E. So - I do the gas thing, and the damn check engine light doesn't even come ON! What the hell, man?

This car is trying to troll us.

The price quoted on the MAP sensor was $85, but we're not going to get it until we figure out what the hell made that light go back off.

Please oh please help.

Still love my daily driver Pickles's Avatar
      Thanks
      Sounds like something was put in the gas tank that shouldnt be. 6.8 gallons should put the gauge to well past e and up to almost 3/4. But it was stopping then I'm guessing that the gauge is way off and you actually filled the tank

Thanks
      Quote Originally Posted by Pickles View Post
      Sounds like something was put in the gas tank that shouldnt be. 6.8 gallons should put the gauge to well past e and up to almost 3/4. But it was stopping then I'm guessing that the gauge is way off and you actually filled the tank
      Well the only thing that's been put in the gas is the gas treatments and seafoam. The gauge moved, and was almost on F after I got done putting in the gas, but the weird thing was that it was almost on E when I started, and it only let me put 6.8 gallons in it, usually it'd go to at least 9 gallons.

But - that isn't the problem. My main concern is about the MAP sensor, and the check engine light going back off after the car had more gas in it.

Still love my daily driver Pickles's Avatar
      Thanks
      Precisely why I suggested something being in the gas tank. The sensor for the fuel level was clearly acting up hmmm could it be something dirtied it up or messed with it? Could that have made its way to the engine and caused a manifold pressure misreading or even messed up the manifold pressure? Absolutely. It could've been a small amount of something that was diluted when you added more fuel

Thanks
      Well, he did have a tendency to let it run down to E, and let all that sediment and mess get in the fuel line. That's why we did all the fuel treatments. I was able to fill it completely up last night, it took 4 or 5 more gallons, can't exactly remember. The engine light hasn't came back on, so here's to hoping!

Thanks
      I wouldn't worry about it if the light is off. Might just be an isolated incident. If it comes back on then you can do something about it.

As for the gas thing, I've been at places with extremely sensitive pumps that don't let you put as much in. No big deal, but it is weird.