•  

Thread: P1682 code after CAI

Still love my daily driver Pickles's Avatar
      Thanks

P1682 code after CAI

So I installed my CAI last night, drove around and it was fine. Now today i go to leave for work, and the engine turns for 30 second and doesnt start. Turn the key again, turns for 5 or so seconds then starts, but runs really rough. Clear the code, and then it is working fine....

Now im on lunch break for work. I go to leave and same thing happens, this time i dont clear the code. I think the ECU was in limp home mode, car wouldnt rev past 3k, and my scanguage read the throttle postion as a constant 27, whether pedal was on the floor or if i wasnt even touching the thing. Took about 5 mins to get the car up to 30. still running rough when i got home, cleared the code and then it runs fine...

I called my local dealer that i always get warranty repairs done (they are a buick GMC dealer) and they said they dont do chevy repairs. I explained to them that they are a GM dealer and should do GM repairs and they said if its an emergency only....this isnt an emergency??? And ive gotten warranty repairs there twice now. The other local chevy dealer is a bunch of crooks who wanted to charge me to look at the car even though its under warranty....i dont know what to do or where to go...I cant make a long trip somewhere in a car that cant do 35...

Lifetime owner
      Garage empty: add car
      Thanks
      Are you sure you plugged everything in?

Thanks
      Quote Originally Posted by petrified.rabbit View Post
      Are you sure you plugged everything in?
      Yeah i double checked the MAF and it is all secured in. When I first did the SRI I put the MAF sensor backwards and it stalled out right away, it never did what the car is doing now. (This is a 2010 so it uses a MAF). Also it ran great yesterday. Ill let you guys know if it does it again when i leave work at 8

Thanks
      Im thinking it was just coincidence that this happened when i put in the CAI. I cleaned my ign-2 and starter relay (neither were particularly dirty) but it didnt do anything after i left work. Started up like always. Im hoping that did the trick, will keep you guys posted for sure!

Thanks
      Had trouble starting yesterday and it gave me the code. Happened again this morning too. The starter also only starts working when I phone the key upwards in the ignition. I have to try and start the car like 10 times for it to work. And rolling the car to a start doesn't work. Sometimes the car will sputter on startup but not start. I'm at a loss. The ignition can't be bad, or else the starter wouldn't turn at all. And I know the starter isn't bad because it turns and turns and turns. Help please!

Thanks
      Car would turn and turn and turn all day today but didn't start. I'm thinking fuel pump. Never thought to check the fuse/ relay. Also I am very low on gas ( not totally empty) so that could explain why it didn't start at all now... gonna put some gas in and check the fuse and see about replacing the relay.

Lifetime owner
      Garage empty: add car
      Thanks
      how low on gas? i would try that first.

BUT before you go replcing parts etc, I would check fuel pressure at the rail.

Thanks
      Still didn't start after I put 5 gallons in the tank. Had it towed to dealer. Also tested fuel pump by running a wire from the battery to the relay terminals. Absolutely nothing from the fuel pump

Thanks
      Boy do I feel stupid....dealer replaced ignition relay. Boom problem solved