•  
    Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: How strict are you with maintenance? Post yours!

Lifetime owner
      Garage empty: add car
      Thanks
      if you already had the dealership replace the thermostat housing, you might have already had the coolant flushed. (or at least paid for it).

i never pay for someone else to do things i cant physically see when they are done (who am i kidding i dont pay anyone to work on my cars).. but i never know if they get all the old fluid out and run it as clean as i would for a brake fluid flush or coolant flush.. even transmission fluid changes (which aren't you supposed to do every 3k? :P) because you know they are doing it as well as would be beneficial. Just like alignments i have never gotten one i was happy with..

I'll keep it and add a turbo
      Thanks
      Well honestly when I took my car to the dealership they charged me just for the housing and labor which was a total $150 however you might be right about that maybe they did a coolant flush, however since they didn't mentioned anything to me and I had no idea to ask that because it didn't go through my mind they would've done it.

What do you mean there's no turbo?
      Thanks
      Quote Originally Posted by petrified.rabbit View Post
      i never pay for someone else to do things i cant physically see when they are done (who am i kidding i dont pay anyone to work on my cars)
      Agreed. I even got it down to the point where I can do my own warranty work on my car even though I work for a Buick GMC dealership

Almost time to do my timing belt daug1502's Avatar
      Thanks
      I try to change my oil every 3000 miles and do a rotation every other oil change. I am over due right now due to a lack of income. I recently moved to a bigger area so i'm not putting constant highway miles on my car anymore and this has done wonders to lengthen my interval between oil changes. They used to be necessary almost every month, now I can actually make 3 months. I need to get my timing belt and water pump purchased soon as i'm at nearly 38,000 miles and want to change them before the 50,000 mile point. As far as brakes, they are still doing pretty well, I'm thinking I still have all factory. I want to hold off on the back until I can replace the drums with discs. I need to check the manual again, but so far coolant and plugs & wires have not been an issue for me.
      http://www.aveoforum.com/phpBB3/view...p?f=41&t=28184
      2008 Aveo5 SV

I will think of a better signature later.

What do you mean there's no turbo? AveoJoe's Avatar
      Thanks

What's wrong with my car?
      Thanks
      Find how do you can reset service light or turn off board light maintenance indicator when errors like, oil change, check engine, change intervol of inspection, airbag light, inspection key, when maint reqd, appear on board computer display. For Chevrolet Aveo

http://resetservicelight.com/reset-o...hevrolet-aveo/
      Last edited by vipercarcom; 04-21-2013 at 06:11 AM.

Thanks
      Ya I took my car into a chev dealer to have a brake flush done, picked it up paid the $ 100.00 bucks went out looked at the brake bleeder screws only 1 had been touched, front pass side. I went back in and brought the service manager out and showed him they refunded my money on the spot.

Had another GM dealership top up my transmission oil, they charged me 70 bucks to check it and the added a litre of GM ATF Fluid to it...in the process of doing this, contaminated 16 litres of synthetic ATF at a cost of 12 bucks a litre...because that's what it was filled with, not regular old oil.

Had two oil changes done back to back at a drive in place, they never changed my oil filter either time, being an ECOTEC you of course can see this from the drivers seat because it has to be removed from the top not the bottom like other cars.

I did pull the oil pan of the transmission on the aveo at 80,000 KM, I had done two drain and fills prior to that via the drain plug. The 2009 Aveo doesn't have a transmission filter but it does have a screen, and both pan magnets were full so it's worth taking the pan off, and I got an extra litre of oil out of it that way also over just dropping the drain plug.

I maintain to the max and do everything myself unless for some unknown reason I just can't get to it. I will post a few minor mods I did when I get a chance not for power but for ease of service.

What do you mean there's no turbo? Chevy Customer Svc's Avatar
      Thanks
      Read your thread. If you have any concerns with your maintenance or service at dealerships, you can contact GM Customer Assistance of Canada at 800-263-3777. Hours: M-F 7:30am - 11:30pm, Sat 7:30am - 6:00 EST
      Hope your week is going well.

Matt

Chevrolet Customer Service

Thanks
      Quote Originally Posted by Chevy Customer Svc View Post
      Read your thread. If you have any concerns with your maintenance or service at dealerships, you can contact GM Customer Assistance of Canada at 800-263-3777. Hours: M-F 7:30am - 11:30pm, Sat 7:30am - 6:00 EST
      Hope your week is going well.

Matt

Chevrolet Customer Service
      Hi Matt I have had so many concerns with service at dealerships I will not return to another one, and have had such poor customer service from GM Canada I will not even both to call them again, I will not be buying another GM/Chev product that is in the end how customers deal with problems such as these they just stop being customers and I have to tell you, I have/was been a GM/Chev customer for over 25 years...fool me once shame on you fool me twice shame on me.

I mentioned a few issues I have been having with a few different GM dealerships, but I certainly didn't mention them all. I had body work done on another Chev car I own, after taking it back to be re-repaired properly 2 or 3 times now I took it somewhere else, lucky for me this was an insurance claim so the dealership will be billed for the re repair by them...I however am still out all my time. If a GM/Chev dealership can't set a door on a 2003 Chev Cavalier without sticking a bunch of washers under the hinge there really isn't to much they can do....and no it's not that the door could not be set as a result of an accident or any such thing, someone else set it without any problems. The first time I got it back they forgot to put the nut on the lower hinge, the second time the nuts were not tight enough and the door unset and the third time well I can't even imagine what prompted them to jam the washers in there....other than they just simply didn't know what they were doing.

Or there's this one invoice number GMCS303682, on this one I have paid for an alignment on my Chev Aveo and if you can get the final spec sheet you will clearly see when completed it isn't even within the specified GM ranges but I was charged for it.....charged full price for work not done, I didn't ask them for a nonalignment. Hey why is a car with 20,000KM on it needing to be aligned anyways and if you read that invoice it also states customer had new tires installed because the old ones had 0/32 tread depth....that's bald BTW....and before getting those new tires installed which I paid for, I did call GM Canada and they refused to replace them says that on the invoice also.

Thanks for the suggestion, but any future calls I make to an automotive company will be Ford Canada or VW Canada....GM Canada is off my speed dial.

Thanks
      And really if you take your car to a GM dealership and they charge you for work they didn't do, your first call should be to the Police because it is an offense under the Canadian Criminal Code...called fraud.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345