Lifetime owner
      Garage empty: add car
      Thanks
      most likely the horn unit itself.

What do you mean there's no turbo? Chevy Customer Svc's Avatar
      Garage empty: add car
      Thanks
      Quote Originally Posted by JJ Money View Post
      So my horn started to completely stay on when my car is on or off. my horn buttons are not stuck or sticky. only way i get it to turn off is to unplug it or unplug the horn fuse inside the engine. any idea what this could be? its super annoying haha
      How are things going with the situation with your horn issues? Were you able to get this resolved?

Michelle, Chevrolet Customer Service (assisting Vanessa)

I'll keep it and add a turbo
      Thanks
      when i di some research on it the horn has a direct connection to the battery and the switch grounds the negative, in my case the horn itself was grounding to the frame, so i replaced the horn and haven't had a problem since.

What's wrong with my car?
      Thanks

Question Horn won't turn off

Quote Originally Posted by Chevy Customer Svc View Post
      How are things going with the situation with your horn issues? Were you able to get this resolved?

Michelle, Chevrolet Customer Service (assisting Vanessa)
      Dear Michelle and Others. My 2004 Chevy Aveo has the horn always on problem. Only goes off when I disconnect the battery. I have tried swapping the horn itself out with other used horns from pick your part, but I now have 3 different horns that will scream loudly until the 12 volt battery dies. Looking for a solution to the problem. I really don't want to peel black insulation from 10 feet of cables looking for a short between the horn and the battery. Suggestions please Rocky

I'll keep it and add a turbo
      Thanks
      Rocky - do your horn buttons stick? Have you looked over the connector to the horn pretty well? Have you tried replacing the horn relay if you have airbags? Those are the most likely problem areas. If they are eliminated then you have a short somewhere. With this simple of a circuit I wouldn't trace the whole wiring harness, I would splice in and bypass. Especially if you don't have air bags, just one clean run from horn button to horn. Here is the wiring diagram.
      Name:  horn.jpg
Views: 1512
Size:  255.5 KB

What's wrong with my car?
      Thanks

Question 2004 Aveo with balsting horn

Quote Originally Posted by gothstone View Post
      Rocky - do your horn buttons stick? Have you looked over the connector to the horn pretty well? Have you tried replacing the horn relay if you have airbags? Those are the most likely problem areas. If they are eliminated then you have a short somewhere. With this simple of a circuit I wouldn't trace the whole wiring harness, I would splice in and bypass. Especially if you don't have air bags, just one clean run from horn button to horn. Here is the wiring diagram.
      In my case I have replaced the horn, it did not solve the problem. I replaced the plug connecting to the horn that did not solve the problem. My horn buttons work as far as I can tell but my horn on failure had nothing to do with horn activation. I was driving along and it suddenly activated itself full on. I did trace the wiring harness back from the horn to the passenger headlight looking for splices under the plastic spiral protection. Next step is to try and find the horn relay and replace it with another one to see if it solves the problem. So far I have not had a luck of luck finding it, but I am not willing to spend $200 minimum for electrical work at my GM dealer. Rocky

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12