Quote Originally Posted by avguy View Post
I get no satisfaction on being right, when the outcome is $$ out of your wallet. But at least it's hopefully getting fixed right. No idea about this repair guy's knowledge and ability, but I think you need to ask him about checking if the head is warped. It's very common for these alu heads to warp, and need milling at a machine shop. He may know all about this, check it, and have it milled true if necessary. But he also might not, which is why you need to ask in advance. If the head goes back on warped, you will be doing this whole thing again real soon, which is about the last thing you need. And thank you for posting your outcome, as painful as it was. Many never follow-up, and don't give others the chance to get valuable information.
Yeah, I think the only person that would get satisfaction would be the person getting the money, lol.

The man that's doing the work used to work on transfer trucks for a living, and he has all the tools necessary. The oil filter, oil, and coolant fluid has been drained, and most of the things are disconnected, and now it's too dark to do anymore work. I don't think the head is off yet, but I honestly don't know anything because I've been cleaning my boyfriends mother's car that the man uses a lot. I like cleaning more than I like fiddling with cars as I'm fairly petite and it doesn't take much for me to get hurt, so I try to stay out of the way, unless I can actually do something.

Follow-up always seems like a good idea to me, and though it's rather sucky that it ended up being the thing we were hoping it wasn't, I think everything is going to be okay.