•  

Thread: Fuses. A question about replacing them.

What do you mean there's no turbo? FlaAveo5's Avatar
      Thanks

Fuses. A question about replacing them.

Figured I might as well ask a stupid question. Now that I just had my last BIG repair done If there is nothing wrong with the fuses, is there any reason to replace ALL of them, in the fuse box in the engine,....maybe the ones by the drivers door to. I mean, as a preventive measure. Does it make any sense to just replace them all at once?

Since I just got stabbed with a $525 repair, because of the AGE of my car, NOT miles, my struts wore out due to age, not mileage. So, these little fuses, are just thin plastic, with thin wire going through them. Are they wearing out in all that engine heat? Is time/age degrading them?

Would a mass replacement of them be a 'preventative move? Or just a waste of money? Guess thats it. So..would it do any good? Or is it just a waste of money?

I'll keep it and add a turbo
      Thanks
      Yes, it's a waste of money.
      Now, overtime they do get "weak", I've seen weird things happened with fuses... If it was something that was eating at my mind then yes I would replace them all, and keep the old ones as spares.

What do you mean there's no turbo? FlaAveo5's Avatar
      Thanks
      the only thing odd going on is that stupid 'brake reply/interlock switch', that i keep replacing. But other than that,nothing other. had it replaced by my mech., paid $80 for the $13 part, and 1 hr. of work, we all know it takes 5 mins to replace. BUT it is working 95% of the time, so far. I dont get it. I replace it, and it breaks the next day...this one did to....but then it started to work again the next day.
      Now it is still working, with a few times it wouldnt shift out of park, and i just got mad at it and forced it out of park,into reverse/drive! And it works now! I dont get it. I dont know if I am breaking the actual shifter or not, i had it replaced 1 time, under warranty, WAYYY long ago, like 9 years ago. But other than that,nothing is 'acting up',for now.