Quote Originally Posted by wylee View Post
I think the tensioner an water pump should be good for more than 60k...but I would not trust them for 120K considering the damage that will be done if they fail.

As far as an additional 2 hours to get to the water pump...the bastages! The cam sprockets and the back piece of the timing belt cover/case needs to come off to get to the water pump....maybe an hour total if they've never done it before.

The job should take no longer than book rate for the water pump. The timing belt has to come off to replace the water pump.
I have 230,000KM on my 2003 chev cavalier serpentine belt tension-er and it's still good to go and have seen many on big trucks go well beyond 900,000KM but for what it costs and what it could cost if it were to fail do need to be given some consideration....stitch in time saves nine. I have lost 3 engines to belt failures in the past one was a chevy Vega and the other a 2.2L dodge charger and I had a chain jump on a Lada all of them did it when I shut them off they just never started again all had bent valves...and none of the belts ever broke just became lose enough to jump......