•  
    Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Can not get aveo out of park

What's wrong with my car?
      Thanks
      The normal warranty is 3 yrs or 36000 miles. I bought my 08 in October of 07, and hit 36K well before the 3 years was up (I was driving 250+ miles every weekend to visit my girlfriend, now wife, when I was in college... lol). My dad insisted I get the 5yr/75K extended warranty, which is fine and all, but it has a $100 deductible, and the only 2 problems I've had have cost less than that to fix, so I haven't made a claim to the warranty. I now have just over 55k on the car, and I'm gonna get the timing belt replaced here within the next 2 weeks or so. I found out that if you don't get the timing belt replaced before 60k, you can kiss that extra 15k of warranty goodbye if the belt fails. So I'm just gonna get it done soon to prevent that issue.

What's wrong with my car?
      Thanks
      The local guy wanted around $315 for labor, not including parts, which were going to run around another $100 for belt, tensioner, etc. The dealer quoted me ~$350, but I'm going to call and double check that price on Monday.

Timing belt broke, do I keep it? thehunterooo's Avatar
      Garage empty: add car
      Thanks
      Just got a ticket for no brake lights today

Ill have to call chevy up tomorrow and see when they can fix it, hopefully by the end of the week. All I have to do is get it fixed and show up at the court date to show them it was fixed, or pay $116 :O

Lifetime owner
      Thanks
      im sure your dealer will have no problem fixing your aftermarket LED taillights.

Thanks
      Do you think it will be a problem? It is not the taillights, but that damn swtich, when I can not shift out of park, the brake lights do not turn on as well. Do not really have a choice though, got to fix that switch one way or another

Thanks
      Dealer wants $320 to fix two parts that I have never heard of, called up my local shop and he said neutral safety switch in five seconds, I will take it down there and have them fix/change that switch, and also the timing service as well. Hopefully I make it there without any more tickets, going to a courthouse 3 hours one way is not going to be fun if I have to do it more than one time...

Lifetime owner
      Thanks
      drive with your hazards on..

Thanks
      I am going to have someone drive behind me tomorrow, and my shop will probably just tow it back to their shop. I turn on my lights when I brake, but if I have someone behind me I should be fine (only 2 miles to the dealer on back-roads, but you never know).

Almost time to do my timing belt daug1502's Avatar
      Thanks
      Show the cop the ticket you already have, and inform them that you are on the way to get it fixed, They shouldn't ticket you twice for the same problem. I'm guessing since the dealer wants to charge your warranty is up. The aftermarket tails will not affect the warranty, unless you cut into the harness before they tied into the lights.
      http://www.aveoforum.com/phpBB3/view...p?f=41&t=28184
      2008 Aveo5 SV

I will think of a better signature later.

Thanks
      The switch is only covered under the 36000/3 year warranty so it would not matter, but the taillights are plug in play so no cutting or anything. A lot of the car is only covered under the 36000/3 year warrenty it seems, I thought it was 60000/5 year on most of the parts but nothing can be done about it, no reason to complain. But yeah, if I were to get pulled over, I would show them the ticket for sure, I just do not want to be put in that situation but I should be good to go. It is just a pain in the ass, it may just be easier to pay the $116 and call it a day, I wouldn't doubt the court date would fall on a BIG test day. And I am sick

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast