•  

Thread: cabin air filter

I'll keep it and add a turbo
      Thanks

cabin air filter

I just replaced the cabin air filter in my 2005 Aveo. It wasn't hard but neither was it as easy as those youtube videos would have you believe.

I'll keep it and add a turbo t.fader's Avatar
      Thanks
      where is it exactly?

Thanks
      It is behind the glove compartment. The following link will give you an idea about how to replace it: Cabin air filter replacement- Chevrolet Aveo - YouTube

Thanks
      As an additional precaution, you might want to disconnect the battery before starting. The air filter is a non-electrical item, but you will be woking in an area that contains wires leading to the passenger air bag. Imagine the catastrophe if you accidently triggered that air bag.

What's wrong with my car?
      Garage empty: add car
      Thanks
      Yeah: by 2008 the dash molding had been extended across the glove box opening, requiring that the filter be bent and the plastic dash molding pried out to remove the element. The stock element was designed to allow this, but the Purolator C35898 filter was NOT. It had felt stiffening, and when the filter was bent sideways, the side stiffeners kinked. Since the sides need to be, well, stiff, to allow the element to be inserted into its pocket, I have no idea whether the filter now reaches to be back of the cavity.

On top of that, the Purolator filter had about 50% fewer pleats, meaning it will clog faster. Sigh.

Mark

What's wrong with my car?
      Thanks
      Chevrolet Aveo is under the glovebox. To have access you need to remove the glovebox , remove metal bar by removing 4 screw. and the you can open cabin air fitler housing cover and replace cabin air filter.
      This is for Chevrolet Aveo from year2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010.
      On this blog you find one article to see how to locate and how to replace your cabin air filter with all with pictures.
      Chevrolet Aveo cabin air filter location

Thanks
      Quote Originally Posted by mf70 View Post
      Yeah: by 2008 the dash molding had been extended across the glove box opening, requiring that the filter be bent and the plastic dash molding pried out to remove the element. The stock element was designed to allow this, but the Purolator C35898 filter was NOT. It had felt stiffening, and when the filter was bent sideways, the side stiffeners kinked. Since the sides need to be, well, stiff, to allow the element to be inserted into its pocket, I have no idea whether the filter now reaches to be back of the cavity.

On top of that, the Purolator filter had about 50% fewer pleats, meaning it will clog faster. Sigh.

Mark
      I had the piece of plastic in the way too, as did one other guy in a different thread. Just cut the part out between the screw holes, it's a pointless piece of plastic due to the metal bar. Myself, I snapped one side of it so I could flex the plastic out of the way and get the air filter in without damaging it, but next time I need to replace the filter I'll just cut the plastic part off.