•  
    Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Cabin Air Filter.. Am I missing something?

Cabin Air Filter.. Am I missing something?

Can anyone help me out with taking out the cabin air filter. I get the glove box out, get the cover off the filter, but should the filter not pull straight out? When I try to pull it out it is directly in line wiht a metal bar running under the glove box. Or does one have to bed the filter 90 degrees to get it through? Or did I miss something entirely here..

Thanks

J

I have to bend the damn thing to get it out....there is no other way. They do not even make a filter for it at Checker Auto or Autozone. I have to see about it at the dealer.

Bending it will not hurt it.

Still love my daily driver khan4rtist's Avatar
      Thanks
      how often should u replace this filter? ive never replaced it on any of my cars....

Quote Originally Posted by 04AveoLSPJG5204
      I have to bend the damn thing to get it out....there is no other way. They do not even make a filter for it at Checker Auto or Autozone. I have to see about it at the dealer.

Bending it will not hurt it.
      NAPA makes a cabin filter for the Aveo......but I don't recommend it. It isn't made of the soft pliable material used in the oem filter. It doesn't like being bent at all! It sorta cracks and breaks up as you bend it.
      Next change I'll go back to getting oem from the gm discount dealer places on the net.
      NAPA makes a good air filter though.

ok. Thanks. now I know I didn't slice my thumb on the metal for nothing! lol..

i actualy didnt even know the aveo had cabin air filters! usually you dont have to change this until u change ur air filter, khan, its jes so that u breathe clean air when u turn ur heater/a/c etc on

keep in mind as well red that if its hard to get to, they dont want u to change it necessarily. If u NEED it changed, the dealer does it. Cars that require routine changing of this filter have an ACCESS panel that allows for a clean change.

I was just wondering about it becuase I've been getting some really musty smelling air comming from the vents.. since winter got here pretty much.. might just be the smell of the heater core where it gets heated up etc... but either way, the filter should be changed once in a while (depending how much you drive with the windows up)

ya i see, could be anything, maybe even a chipmunk who fount a restroom in ur setup...but if its something inside u filter may not do much u know? maybe it will but depending on how many miles u have on ur car, and aveo (earliest being a 2004) shouldnt have THAT dirty of an air filter just yet but ur the man behind that wheel not me....must sux, hope everything works out

Almost time to do my timing belt
      Garage empty: add car
      Thanks
      Quote Originally Posted by red
      I was just wondering about it becuase I've been getting some really musty smelling air comming from the vents.. since winter got here pretty much.. might just be the smell of the heater core where it gets heated up etc... but either way, the filter should be changed once in a while (depending how much you drive with the windows up)
      YES! I've had that too!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast