•  

Thread: 2010 Aveo A.C. problems

What's wrong with my car?
      Thanks

2010 Aveo A.C. problems

So I have a 2010 Aveo and my A.C. went out. My compressor clutch comes on when I turn on the A.C. my freon is full. I had it under a vacuum when I had it recharged and their were no leaks but
      Its still not blowing cold. My high or low pressure lines are not getting cold or wet with condensation. could this be a clogged expansion valve? Or can someone tell me why the compressor isn't pumping the freon?

Almost time to do my timing belt xintersecty's Avatar
      Thanks
      Dude, having it full of freon is not a solution, do you have gauges? You really need to see if you are getting a pressure differential in order to know if you are pumping freon.

the above video steps you through everything. it could be a clogged expansion valve. However there is more to the story than the AC went out. So you put a vacuum on it? Did you do it or somebody you know pull the vacuum?

BTW if you do buy gauges make sure they show negative pressure.
      Please do not power off, firmware update pending.....

What's wrong with my car?
      Thanks
      My uncle has a license and he has a machine at his shop I took it over there and he put the vacuum on it for 10 minutes and it didn't have any leaks (no loss of pressure during vacuum) he refilled the ac to the proper amount which if I remember right is 1.5 lbs and then we started the car turned ac on max and turned on recycled air and the clutch turned on and turned but my lines never changed temperature and it never blew cold so he put his guages on it and low line read high and high line read low pressure. Only thing he didn't do was replace the oil but during the vacuum it didn't take very much at all away from the system.

Almost time to do my timing belt xintersecty's Avatar
      Thanks
      I think you might be right that the expansion valve is blocked or something is blocked. I would take it back to your uncle have him reclaim and then dump the system.

1) Pull the oil and make sure it's not burnt (high acid content, when burnt)
      2) Replace the expansion valve
      3) Replace the dryer
      4) pull vacuum
      5) refill with new oil and recharge

And if that does not work, then you might have issues with the condenser and the expansion coils. Of course when you have the system dumped you can run some air through there to make sure they are clear.
      Please do not power off, firmware update pending.....

LXV-SCOOTADRIVE, ON! 2010AveoLT's Avatar
      Thanks
      Quote Originally Posted by xintersecty View Post
      I think you might be right that the expansion valve is blocked or something is blocked. I would take it back to your uncle have him reclaim and then dump the system.

1) Pull the oil and make sure it's not burnt (high acid content, when burnt)
      2) Replace the expansion valve
      3) Replace the dryer
      4) pull vacuum
      5) refill with new oil and recharge

And if that does not work, then you might have issues with the condenser and the expansion coils. Of course when you have the system dumped you can run some air through there to make sure they are clear.
      there is one teensy little issue with replacing the Receiver/Dryer on a 2010; if you remember when I replaced my damaged condenser, the Dryer was/is an integral part of the condenser to where you can't replace one without the other.