•  

Thread: 2007 aveo, multiple electrical issues

What's wrong with my car?
      Garage empty: add car
      Thanks

2007 aveo, multiple electrical issues

This may be wordy but thanks for anyone who can help, wife has me t-minus 5 days to buy a new car,

- A while back i had my headlights acting odd. daytime light on left worked but not on right, buy beams on made the left work but not right (or vise vera). Turned out I had to replace a 10a fuse for the driver side light

- Wife went to drive our car to work and put the key in but couldnt but it in drive, and key wouldnt come out. appeared to have no electric in the car but the clock (no radio, odometer and guages didnt work, and no brake lights). she did the shift override with a key and go to drive but still the electrical issues

- At home I started to troubleshoot and checked all fuses (driver side headlight was out) which was after I replaced the brake light sensor. the fuse kept blowing, I removed the headlight and unplugged the wires, and then I tried a 15a and everything worked again? Also the key finally came out without disconnecting the battery.

- After removing the turn signal bulb it seem to be working so i went to get a new bulb and socket (cant find a socket) put the new bulb in and now new issues! The fuse first keeps blowing, when a new on is in there is no guages working or mile read until I turn the low beams on, and no day time running lights?

Im so lost! Saw another thread who appeared to have posted a pic of the solution but i cant figure it out and there was no reply? I already removed the fuse block and there is no wire issue I could seem and i moved the relays around?

Almost time to do my timing belt
      Thanks
      There's been well known problems with the DRL module in prior year Aveos, so I recommend removing that to see if it resolves your issues. I would have expected Chevy to fix it by 2007, but perhaps not, so IMO it's worth a try.

What's wrong with my car?
      Garage empty: add car
      Thanks
      Quote Originally Posted by avguy View Post
      There's been well known problems with the DRL module in prior year Aveos, so I recommend removing that to see if it resolves your issues. I would have expected Chevy to fix it by 2007, but perhaps not, so IMO it's worth a try.
      I took apart the compartment but didn't see the yellow or white lable DRL it might not be in the 07, any idea where I'd look?