this is one of my four sons car, anyway two days ago I had to help get the vehicle out of the parking gear...in order to get it to my house so we could check things out. So far I have found multiple items be wrong:
1) shifter stuck in Park
2) cannot remove key from ignition
3) none of the power windows work at all
4) the rear running lights don't work
5) I just realized that the power door locks don't work anymore.
6) there may be more that I haven't identified yet!
Again this all happened two days ago,
1) I swapped out the safety switch on the top of the brake pedal (no change). when you step on the brake pedal the brake lights work!
2) I then ordered a replacement BTSI interlock solenoid,(shifter interlock) which I receive today and installed it...again no change to any of the situations above!
3) I have checked all fuses in both fuse boxes (all good),
4) I then switched around control relays in the main fuse box (that were the same type of course) One of them being for power windows...no change again.
What I can currently do to have him drive is override the parking shift lock and pulling the fuse for the radio (which seems to power the ignition key lock solenoid as well)...But he still has no back running lights or power windows with this band-aid...Anyone have any ideas??? bad wiring harness/s???
I intend to bring this vehicle to the auto parts store and have them get any codes that the car maybe generating (faults).
Sincerely...one frustrated Dad , but hey! at least it's not my car' lol
I was unable to solve any of the issues listed above,
1) I went and removed the driver's door inside panel to inspect and test the door window switches (found nothing wrong) because the power windows don't work.
2) I did try using the spare ignition key to try and start/ stop the car (and remove the key from the ignition),and tried to operate the door locks...no change, I was told that the chip in the ignition key could fry...had to try .
3) Going to bring it to a mechanic shop and let them throw it on their analyser (computer)...we'll see if that tells us anything! I suspect a bad mod (ECM or body) or possibly grounding issue...
If I find anything positive I'll share my findings on this thread...