•  

Thread: 2005 LS P0135 code

What's wrong with my car? joalesh's Avatar
      Thanks

2005 LS P0135 code

I've searched for this code. I know it's the O2 sensor, I just don't know which one. I've looked online and it seems to be only one type? Which location is it? The one by the dipstick or the one lower down?

I know I want to get an Ac Delco brand but not from the dealer. Any website suggestions?

Any help is much appreciated!

Thank you!

I'll keep it and add a turbo
      Thanks
      Quote Originally Posted by joalesh View Post
      I've searched for this code. I know it's the O2 sensor, I just don't know which one. I've looked online and it seems to be only one type? Which location is it? The one by the dipstick or the one lower down?

I know I want to get an Ac Delco brand but not from the dealer. Any website suggestions?

Any help is much appreciated!

Thank you!
      P0135 is bank1 sensor 1 thats precat...I just use NGK sensors thier website will give you the part number

Lifetime owner
      Garage empty: add car
      Thanks
      I think NGK is oem on the aveo, is it not?

Thanks
      Quote Originally Posted by petrified.rabbit View Post
      I think NGK is oem on the aveo, is it not?
      I think they used Denso the one I removed was not branded so cant say for sure. Is some issues getting proper part for the 2009 model year I had to make a call to NGK to get it straightened out, the parts store gave me a sensor that fit the 2008 but NGK changed up the part number for 2009 if I hadn't of looked it would have put the wrong one in..

Thanks
      ZFR6U-9 is the new NGK part number for the after recall spark plugs if anyone needs that..NGK told me not yet ava to the public thatshould be a direct cross over for GM part number 25186682 which is what they installed for the recall.

Thanks
      Thanks for the answers. Now that I know which one it is, I know which one to buy. So are the NGK ones good?

Thanks
      well NGK use to be the best 20 years ago people tell me now they have slipped but I don't have any issues with anything of theirs I have used lately....I have a set of Bosch sensors in my Cavalier they seem ok as well what I didn't like about the Bosch ones was I had to cut and mickey mouse the wires together...the NGK one I picked up for my Aveo was 147.00 bucks, NGK and it plugged right in. What's most important to me at least is not really the brand name but the total experience which includes a return on warranty maybe at some point in the future so I wanna deal with a company I can trust, NGK fits the bill for me. I also data record o2 sensor trims in real time and the NGK does it's job can't argue with the data. So long as you buy a heated sensor I think you will find they are all pretty much the same..FYI the GM part was almost 250 bucks, NGK came in at 147 and I highly doubt the GM one would do anything more than the NGK...some dealer parts are worth the bucks o2 sensors IMO aren't one of the parts that are worth going dealer for....case in point...I went back to the dealer to buy replacement tires when my car was new because I only needed two and I wanted the same ones, Hankook 418's I think they were well 23,000KM later yes 23,000KM I was again looking for new tires AGAIN the OEM ones lasted 13,000 KM. I bought some Nokians this time and they are doing just fine.
      Another case in point, upper rad hose for my Cavalier 86.00 bucks from GM, upper rad hose from Prestone (which is a good name also) $ 15.00....upper rad hose at the autowreckers yard $ 2 bucks and it's a GM hose ! IAC sensor for my Cavalier from GM $ 175.00 bucks, at the autowreckers I got 6 of them for 10 bucks again all OEM GM sensors and they all work.
      Last edited by HeavyDuty; 07-28-2012 at 11:58 PM. Reason: added info

Thanks
      Thanks again for your answer. I'm confident on what part I need and to have it changed out.