•  
    Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: A new small Cadillac (based on Aveo platform)

Lifetime owner
      Garage empty: add car
      Thanks
      i agree with you about the other manufacturers, hell i would drive an a segment audi, vw, aston, etc. the european market does not equal the us market.. thats an "average" car over there.. and they don't build their own competition.

when americans think cadillac they think grandpas or escalades.. not small economy performance. anyone interested in the latter would not want the added weight of the caddy components. i doubt they will upgrade and pay for emission certification of a new engine just for the caddy version.. ie if it goes into the caddy it WILL go into everything..

like i said, americans are stupid and accepting. just like the versa, fit etc it will sell because people are brand loyal, when the sentra or civic they bought 5-6 years ago is now a car they cant afford and the versa or fit is in the price range they accept it.. if cadillac builds it someone will buy it.. but it will be another redundant model. (unless they do the caddy awd instead of the buick to kill some of the overlap)

Also the audi a2, aston martin cygnet, vw polo, hell even the smart car, were all designed and produced as luxury performance super sub compacts.. While cadillac in an attempt to compete will use a refaced "bottom of the barrel" daewoo. Dont get me wrong i love my aveo, because i know what it is.. but its still the "cheapest" car in america.

Banned
      Thanks
      Just found this. From Cadillac's own youtube account. Right there it shows some features that WOULD be Cadillac specific. As for engines. I could be wrong and the Aveo SS would get the 1.4 Turbo. Cadillac would have to be different. GM could bring over Opel's 1.6L turbo with 190 HP to best the Fiat 500 Abath SS (180HP). Fiat did just release pricing for the American 500, and I'm sure the Abarth will be in Cadillac's proposed price range.
      Last edited by Z34guy; 11-18-2010 at 11:52 PM.
      - 1995 Chevrolet Monte Carlo Z34 - LQ1 3.4L DOHC 24 valve semi-hemi V6, 210 HP, 215 ft-lbs of torque, 4T60e 4 speed automatic with O/D.... 123,000+ miles. Slowly resto-modding it.
      - looking for a first gen Aveo for a daily driver :D

Lifetime owner
      Thanks
      i like the concept, but to get what that concept is is probably a 35k car.. by the time its dumbed down for market it will just be a refaced daewoo.

Banned
      Thanks
      Do we continue arguing or just admit that GM has the tools to make it a proper Cadillac, but more than likely if it does hit production, they'll find a way to **** it up.
      - 1995 Chevrolet Monte Carlo Z34 - LQ1 3.4L DOHC 24 valve semi-hemi V6, 210 HP, 215 ft-lbs of torque, 4T60e 4 speed automatic with O/D.... 123,000+ miles. Slowly resto-modding it.

Lifetime owner
      Thanks
      exactly. i didnt think we were arguing. i just think your too optimistic :P

Banned
      Thanks
      Quote Originally Posted by petrified.rabbit View Post
      exactly. i didnt think we were arguing. i just think your too optimistic :P
      pessimist.
      I've always been an optimist.
      If they DON'T **** it up, I'd expect a bare bones model to start at $19,000. Remember, the next gen Aveo is on a completely new platform, so we don't know what to expect.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123