Just bought an 05 Ls hatchback automatic for a price that was too good to pass up. anyway had to put $1k worth of parts in the car:
idler pulley, timing belt, serpentine belt, water pump, oil filter, air filter, plug wires, plugs, new radiator, and an oil change.

these are the items related to the powertrain that was replaced. in the car no extra weight other than me (350lbs) the air temp is approx 115 right now i do mostly city driving with the air on i have only filled up once so far to the top and just filled up again my mpg was only 18.2! i have tried to drive differently without seeing much difference. talked to my dad who chged all the parts he said to wait for 2 or 3 fillups since the car had a bad plug wire it drove around on three cyl. So long that it will take the ecu awhile to adjust back to a correct timing. he also said that since it drove so long that the cat maybe plugged and the valves have built up deposits that need to burn off.

what are your thoughts? car has 109500 miles. i would rather sell this and drive my truck since the mileage is not to far off right now. sent from my phone so please excuse the typos.