Hello all.

Our youngest (17) just purchased (ok, we loaned him the money for now) his first car, a 2008 Aveo5 LS with just shy of 100k miles. I know that the LS models offered very few options, and that is fine, but I'm completely perplexed on if this car does or doesn't have the Safety Package. Based on a 2008 Aveo brochure I found online, the Safety Package consists of ABS and airbags in the driver and passenger seats (in addition to the standard steering wheel/dash airbags). I cannot find/see an ABS module under the hood, but then again, it is rather packed in there and I was using a flashlight since it was dark. I also am not seeing an ABS light come on, near the clock, when we turn the vehicle on. These would lead me to believe that the car doesn't have the Safety Package, but when we look at the seats, but have a oval shape label that says "Airbag" on them. - So, how can I tell if this car does or doesn't have the package and ABS? I'm sure that the insurance company is going to want to know if it does or doesn't have ABS?

Here is a list of fix ups we've already put together for the car.
1) Replace the Throttle Position Sensor - Getting a code for it.
2) Replace the Camshaft Position Sensor - Code is intermittent, so we may wait until spring and replace the Timing belt, water pump, pulleys, etc. while we are in there, since I can't find record of it already being done.
3) TPMS - The seller said that it just came on when it got cold. - For now, we aren't going to worry about the light, as he needs to learn to check the pressures manually anyway.
4) Drivers door key hole - It fell off/inside the door when we got home. No worries, I can fix it.
5) Paint - There are a handful of spots where the paint is peeling. - Common problem I'm told, and we will sand, prime and paint or at least sand, prime and clear before it gets too cold.
6) Clean the interior and exterior, then wax the car. - The car is pretty clean, but he even recognized that it isn't as clean as we keep our cars, so it will be a good chance for him to learn how to clean and detail a car.
7) Remotes - Neither remote works currently. The light barely comes on, so we will try replacing the batteries first. If that doesn't work, we will decide if remote lock/unlock is really necessary.
Radio - The car has a decent JVC radio, but he would like a touch screen with a backup camera. - That's down the road, after he had paid for the car and has spending money to make it "fancy."
9) Check to see if the car has an interior cabin air filter. My understanding is that some do. - If it does, I bet it needs to be replaced.
10 AC - The seller said that the AC wasn't working as well as it should. - I'll put my gauges on it now to get a reading, but probably won't tackle it until spring.