•  

Thread: Looking at 05 Aveo Suggestions. May buy tomm.

What's wrong with my car?
      Garage empty: add car
      Thanks

Looking at 05 Aveo Suggestions. May buy tomm.

I am new the forum but I am trying to get some advice about this car. Looking at buying an yellow colored hatch 2005 Aveo Lt auto. It has 89,000 miles and is a one owner car. What should I be looking at to make sure this is a good buy. They want 4,000.00 for the car. What do you guys think. Any and all information would be awesome.

Thanks
      Chris From Iowa

Thanks
      A few things to look at are bolts... bolts give clues to lots of stuff. Check the fender, hood, trunk and door bolts, if it looks like they've been removed than maybe it's got a newer fender ect.... or if the paint around or on the bolts is chipped and it's blue under yellow meaning it's a blue junkyard fender painted yellow to match the car than it'l look like a$$ in a few years after more chips/scratches show up blue. But it could have just been adjusted or removed. If the motor mount and tranny bolts have socket marks than the motor may have been swapped or a tranny job or even a new timing belt which may be a good thing. Also, the owners manual, jack, spare, lug wrench is also a must. A few other checks are Tire wear, E-brake, weird acceleration, brake pulsation, windshield trim and scratches/dents in the bottom, heat, A/C and see if the wheels apear the same behind the hubcaps. It may have 1 honda wheel that has a 1/2 differance offset or something like that. I worked at a Dealership bodyshop have seen LOTS of weird stuff like that. My wife bought her '04 sedan new and it was totalled twice right off the bat while parked (as in Damage = more than 80% value if the car) She paid what ever it took and a soft hit a 3rd time a year later. Fixed by Chevy dealership bodyshop everytime and every part is back to 100ish% and ther's no way to tell it's ever been worked on besides records, bolts, and she told me. It's the best car in my driveway of 6