•  
    Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: any suggestions???

What's wrong with my car?
      Garage empty: add car
      Thanks

any suggestions???

well im new here...
      i got an 08 aveo sedan and i decided i want to mod it. put in a sri, exhaust, so on and also do some stuff to the exterior like 16' rims maybe, or eyelids
      so any ideas on what to do would be welcome
      i already shaved(debadged it) but thats all i got so far...

aveoohh!

Still love my daily driver
      Thanks

Re: any suggestions???

don't do 16s they will look bad, 17s are a must, oh and a good sound system would be nice
      Its more fun to drive a slow car fast, rather than drive a fast car slow!

Almost time to do my timing belt
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by deniswhite1
      don't do 16s they will look bad, 17s are a must, oh and a good sound system would be nice
      it suggestions like these that we need the I am with stupid smilie....dont listen to him, 16's are undoubtly the best combination of looks and performance. most light weight 17's will cost way more than their worth. plus the ride will be harsh if you every lower it and might rub slightly on large bump and trust me you don't wanna deal with that. find some cheap light weight 16's

Thanks

ya, im with stupied ^ lol, just look at aveos with 16s and 17s and make up your mind, 16s are ok if your gona go low pro, but most people get 16s with 45-50 profile and it looks gay, and the wheel gap is the same as stock, you will not have any problems with 17s and lowering, but this is just my opinion

Thanks

yea cause this aveo looks so gay with 16's.

dennis do you even have 17's with lowering springs? i dont think you do, but i did and I can tell you from personal experience I wish i went with 16's. The reason I don't have 17's on now is because I blew out a tire in a pot hole. Also the reason it fills the gap more with 17' is because the overall diameter of the wheel/tire combo is greater than stock and 16's, which throws things off with the speedo. Also 17's will rub, if not slightly on the outside then you will see they rub on the inside when you take the 17's off. I just noticed this the other day when I was working on my car that some of the black coating on the wheel well is rubbed off. And i checked my 17's and low and behold there was a rub mark.

With this car it is all about how light you can go because lets face it the aveo has less then 90 hp to the wheels and you don't need to be lugging any extra weight there. Not only that but the diameter of the combo is larger which pushes the weight out and makes it even harder to turn them. Look at what most track civics run or even mr2 spyders (which have very little power), they all run light weight 16's or even 15's.

I hope you will consider my educated response. Seeing as I actually provided some facts and not just that 17's look cool because as you can see 16's look awesome too

Thanks

that looks good caz it lowered, at stock hight it would not be as good, steeltown aveoman had his 17s and lowered and it was perfict, and aveotuner is runing 215 wide tires and he is not rubbing any were, our car is not a race car, and if some one wants to add rims for looks or better foot print 17s are a better choice, alot of people who got 16s incuding my self muved up to 17s, oh and in my area tires for 17s are cheaper by 10-15$ then for 16s , and you get a biger choice of rims if you do 17s

this what i don't like about 16s

and this is what i like about 17s

for performance get light weight 15s, for looks go with 17s

Thanks

that looks good caz it lowered, at stock hight it would not be as good, steeltown aveoman had his 17s and lowered and it was perfict, and aveotuner is runing 215 wide tires and he is not rubbing any were, our car is not a race car, and if some one wants to add rims for looks or better foot print 17s are a better choice, alot of people who got 16s incuding my self muved up to 17s, oh and in my area tires for 17s are cheaper by 10-15$ then for 16s , and you get a biger choice of rims if you do 17s

for performance get light weight 15s, for looks go with 17s
      well theres no point in doing anything at all to the aveo if you dont lower...its so wobbly with out it.....whats aveotuners offset because I don't see how they aren't rubbing if hes got 17x7 and anything more offset than stock 45. 17's maybe cheaper but they will be alot heavier then regularly priced 17's which will already be heavy. there are plenty of choices for 16's....you just have to choose the right style that fits the aveo body style when you do they look real good. that y the ones of the silver look like crap. All 17's look good because the size overwhelms.

I say do whatever you want I was just trying to help people from making mistakes that I have made. I've had 2+ years experience in an aveo with 17x7 (offset 42) 205/40/17 tires and h&r lowering springs (2.5") and it was rough and eventually I ran out of luck of avoiding potholes and blew out the tire. I was lucky nothing in the suspension broke. While I liked them, in the long run its not a smart choice. The aveo doesn't start out with much so why lose more for something you don't need to. Some people just know what they are talking, others just guess and make assumptions

Thanks

Sam the offset should be 38, 45 is the reason you were rubbing. its your ride dude, do it the way you like, as you can see me and Sam disagree on what is better, but in the end both set up would work

I'll keep it and add a turbo
      Thanks

I have been using 205/40/ZR17 for 3 years plus. No problem with rubbing. Use the correct tyre profile.

Diameter = ([profile in mm] X [aspect ratio in percentage]/100 X 2) + [rim diameter in mm]

So 205/45/16 will have (205mm X 0.45 X 2) + (16 X 25.4mm) = 590.9mm diameter
      205/4/17 wiill have (205mm X 0.4 X 2) + (17 X 25.4) = 595.8mm diameter
      195/50/15 will have (195 X 0.5 X 2) + (15 X 25.4) = 576mm diameter

If you use 16 inch, you will be using 205/45/R16. The width of tyre is same at 205mm. Diameter is abt 5mm smaller for 16 inch (205/45/16) comparing to 17 inch (20/40/17) . So its the same. Uness you using 215/40/ZR17 or 225/40/ZR17 or 205/45/ZR17, then you will rub the arches. Because the overall diameter is too big.

15 inch will have better performance due to thinner tyres (195, less weight) and smaller overall diameter. But too thick side wall mean cornering will have lots of tension built up and cars flip easily.

Thanks

Do my 15" Rota's look bad?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast