•  
    Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: ScanGauge Products

Thanks
      We're proud to announce another product to the ScanGauge line. Linear Logic recently released a new, smaller, and less expensive ScanGauge, the ScanGaugeE. It is a bit more targetted at those wanting to save on fuel, but still retains most of the ScanGaugeII features. See the feature list below to compare the two.

The ScanGaugeE brings you most of the features of the popular ScanGaugeII, but in a smaller package and at a lower cost. It is also geared more toward those who wish to get better mileage and/or reduce their CO2 emissions. With the help of the ScanGaugeE you can see an improvement of up to 33% better gas mileage. That translates directly to saving 33% on your fuel costs! How much do you spead a week on fuel? If you fill up once a week this device could save you up to $10 a week in an Aveo.

Features
      • Track Your Fuel Cost
      • Monitor Your Carbon Footprint
      • Real-time Fuel Economy Feedback Graph
      • Goal Based Fuel Economy Feedback Graph
      • Use Up To 33% less Fuel

See the compairison chart below to compare features.

For more info visit: ScanGauge.com

Price: AveoForum members price is $94.95 shipped (within the U.S.)
      (NOTE: for international shipping quotes, please contact us: aveoforum@gmail.com)

================================================== ========

Feature Compairison

Should I keep it?
      Garage empty: add car
      Thanks
      I also have a scangauge II.

Somehow the throttle position is not showing after i plug it into the OBDII.

Did i miss out something?

JPD
      Should I keep it?
      Thanks
      I recently purchased a Scangauge E from this forum. It arrived today, the delivery was very swift to Thailand, the packaging was great and the product works perfectly with my Aveo. It's a great service with a fair price. Once I work out how to use it fully, I'll see how much fuel I manage to save! Cheers

What's wrong with my car?
      Thanks
      This device defnitly looks like a really good buy. I got no idea if it will work for aveos in South Africa though. What would be the price of having one shipped down? And is there any other after market fuel management systems that will work on the E-tecII?

JPD
      Should I keep it?
      Thanks
      The scan gauge plugs into something called the OBDII port, under the steering column. When I ordered mine from this forum, they did say they had no idea whether it would work on Aveos in Thailand, but apparently almost all cars from 1995 on have this port. I had no idea whether my car did until I looked for one. I guess mechanics may use it.
      There are lots of alternatives. A simple Vacuum gauge is much cheaper and you can use it to accomplish the same thing, sourcing it locally so perhaps cheaper as there will be no shipping costs. The bigger, more expensive Scan Gauge 2, also available at a special price for members of this forum. This gives more information than the Scan Gauge e I purchased.
      There's is the KIWI MPG, a similar device and another one with a thread on this forum forget the name.
      The important thing to know before you buy these devices is that they don't actually measure fuel. You have to calibrate them when you fill up for the first two times and they guess the fuel consumption using information from the OBDII port about the rpm, speed, pressure etc. The Scan gauge is great fun and easy to use, well worth the money, I'm sure the others are too.
      The claim of 33% improvement is from a US government-issued estimate about driving habits impact on fuel consumption. The fact is, it's really helpful to know, for example, that you're getting 1mpg whilst crawling in a jam but there's not much you can do about it. It's the same as getting a smart energy meter for you home; yes you can clearly see how much more energy you're using when you switch the washing machine or the oven, but really, what can you do? You have to wash and cook things!
      From my limited use thus far, the value of the scan gauge is that where possible, you can find and hold the most efficient speed to get the best.

What's wrong with my car?
      Thanks
      Thanx man...... How much would it cost get a scanGauge II shipped over to South Africa?

Thanks
      Check your PMs Met-u.

Timing belt broke, do I keep it? serega12's Avatar
      Thanks
      My scangauge II has successfully migrated into my RX-8 after I sold my Aveo.
      2006 Chevrolet Aveo a.k.a. Holden Barina – SOLD
      ​2008 Chevrolet Cobalt SS/TC - SOLD

Timing belt broke, do I keep it? serega12's Avatar
      Thanks
      And after reading through comparison of the features, ScanGauge II fits my application better anyways... If I was very concerned about my "carbon footprint" I wouldn't buy a rotary anyways...
      2006 Chevrolet Aveo a.k.a. Holden Barina – SOLD
      ​2008 Chevrolet Cobalt SS/TC - SOLD

JPD
      Should I keep it?
      Thanks
      Hi Everyone, I recently purchased a ScanGuageE. Please could someone give me a little more information about the Fuel Cutoff function?I have read p17 of the User Manual and read the FAQ section of the scanguage website but I don't understand how to select the correct value - is it trial and error?
      My scanguage improperly detects fuel cutoff as it displays 9999km/l during coast-down, the value is set to the default 24. So could you explain the steps i need to take to correct this?The manual says is can be disabled by setting the value of cutoff to 0 and that 'This setting is not critical but is best at about 4 about the no-throttle TPS value'. Okay, I can read on page 24, TPS is the throttle position sensor, so how do I display this value?
      The effect of improper function is that it's skewing my average by about 11% (ie when I fill-up, the scanguage has calculated that I have used 11% less fuel than I actually have.
      Best regards

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast