•  
    Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: JBodyPerformance

Still love my daily driver
      Garage empty: add car
      Thanks

Re: JBodyPerformance

I'll be posting up as he decides to start on stuff. Right now he wants to pursue the pullies. Thread created.

-- xtreme 2

Body Kits | Exhaust | Intakes | More!
      http://www.dlspeedonline.com/
      http://www.facebook.com/DLSpeed

Thanks

I don't understand the big draw for coilovers, you loose all your droop and once you set it... it's set, it's not like people regularly adjust the height of the car.

Sway Bars!!!! (this is my biggest gripe of the car, handling is crap with all the body roll)
      Strut Tower Bars / front lower brace. (super easy to make, HUGE performance increase)
      Header that keeps the CAT and is therefore legal
      Pulley
      underbelly pan which reaches out to act as a front lip. This will help MPG's as well as handling.

I'll keep it and add a turbo
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by subachad
      I don't understand the big draw for coilovers, you loose all your droop and once you set it... it's set, it's not like people regularly adjust the height of the car.
      i disagree, i know if i get coilovers i will have to raise them when in the winter since it snow around here. and i would like the ability to raise or lower depending on the season and if im gonna hit the track.

Thanks

Dont forget it it normally makes the spring perch alot smaller so you can run wider rims/tires without them rubbing. Plus there is also the fact the spring rate was designed with the shock it is sitting on making for a much better ride.

Lifetime owner
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mkt8891
      i disagree, i know if i get coilovers i will have to raise them when in the winter since it snow around here. and i would like the ability to raise or lower depending on the season and if im gonna hit the track.

thats nice, not that i will bother with raising and lowering the car for winter.. although the threads tend to get stuck wiht our wonderful road salt. but i want the car for autocross. not easy to do without adjustable dampening, and setting good ride height, (lower for less body roll, but still high enough for no rubbing, etc) and fine tuning it with corner balancing

but then you could undo the everything to make it comfortable to drive.

or coilovers also are designed to go lower than spring / shock combo. so you "could" get more drop but still be in a reasonable range for the shock. if you go too low on stock shock they might start to bottom out, and then you feel like a brick on a roller skate.
      you will also tend to blow more stock shocks riding low.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by petrified.rabbit

thats nice, not that i will bother with raising and lowering the car for winter.. although the threads tend to get stuck wiht our wonderful road salt.
      That is the difference between quality KW coilovers and China made BC coilovers. My KW coilovers have been on my car for over 2 years and are still adjusting fine. If they ever don't, I have a lifetime warranty

Lifetime owner
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by aveodude
      That is the difference between quality KW coilovers and China made BC coilovers. My KW coilovers have been on my car for over 2 years and are still adjusting fine. If they ever don't, I have a lifetime warranty
      what area are you in? i have had weitec, H&R, kw, spax, B&G, Vmaxx, koni, and carrera. they have all needed the threads deeply cleaned with a wire wheel (fully removed) in order to adjust them after one winter. and our winters haven't been so bad lately.

Thanks

nebraska now. I have Flik FTD rims. Very wide open spoke pattern

What do you mean there's no turbo?
      Thanks

Sway Bars!!!! (this is my biggest gripe of the car, handling is crap with all the body roll)
      Strut Tower Bars / front lower brace. (super easy to make, HUGE performance increase)
      Header that keeps the CAT and is therefore legal
      Pulley
      underbelly pan which reaches out to act as a front lip. This will help MPG's as well as handling.
      coilovers are designed for race applications so with different tracks and different setups comes different ride hieght and stiffness but fot the most part your right people just buy them and leave them alone
      FASTEST AVEO IN ONTARIO

What do you mean there's no turbo?
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by whiteraven
      How about finish starting the stuff I sent you two years ago, or send it all back before taking on a new project??
      Any updates?

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast