•  
    Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Finally getting back to the track

What do you mean there's no turbo?
      Garage empty: add car
      Thanks

Re: Finally getting back to the track

Quote Originally Posted by subachad
      Will definately be fun. I'm not actually racing... it's a high performance driving event. turn 8 at 120mph is good times for sure... I have had the Aveo out there and it can only get up to 95... A decent car should hit 120-130 on the straight and 120 on turn 8 which is kinda straight.

P.S. Once an Rx-8 comes up local which is silver or gray, 5sp, cloth, and sunroof... I'm trading the Aveo. It's been fun but it's time to get a better, track worthy car
      did they ever make a 6 speed model i remember a mazdaspeed model....which was still turbo less stupid mazda anyway i was just curious about if they offered a 6 speed tranny ever

FASTEST AVEO IN ONTARIO

What do you mean there's no turbo?
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by aveodude
      Yeah the Aveo is my only car.
      I have been on a road course. I have raced an RX-8. Not fast acceleration like I said. For 30k, there are far better cars out there.
      honda S2K mabye?
      FASTEST AVEO IN ONTARIO

Lifetime owner
      Thanks

i didn't read this whole thread,
      i personally dont car for the rx8. styling just destroys it for me. but the mazdaspeed miata has a 6 speed. (they are good autocross cars) and would probably be ok as road race. not sure if they have the girth to maintain speed though.

and i dont care what you buy, the warranty does not follow you to the track.

for 30k i would probably get a 20k car and do 10k in suspension, brakes and engine upgrades.
      you can pick up a 911 porsche, an newer corvette, sti, vw r32, skyline, evo, etc for @ 20k.

even for 15k i would probably do something similar. although for a competitive track car, 10k doesn't get you much unless you build the whole thing. and you would need the 5k in upgrades.

i would love to road race. but i have a friend who does, he races his jetta, and has a friend with an S4. the money of going to the events, tire replacement, brakes work and such, i think he spends like $400-500 after each event. plus he spends at least that going and entering the tracks (to do it as often as he does, he just came back from daytona)

Almost time to do my timing belt
      Thanks

Well, at least your insurance will still be cheap on the RX8 as it's classified as a family car because technically it's 4 door lol. For a track car I would want a Nissan S15 Silvia.

Farthest North Aveo: Fairbanks, Alaska

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123