•  

Thread: Need vaccum line routing for an 04 Aveo - Please Help! Want to drive it.

What's wrong with my car?
      Garage empty: add car
      Thanks

Need vaccum line routing for an 04 Aveo - Please Help! Want to drive it.

Need help on where a vaccum line goes. 04 Aveo (second posting - Maybe my first post was in the wrong catagory, received no responses)

I just redid the head with new valves, seals, gaskets, a new timing belt, water pump, tensioner, and idler. The car is all back together now, except there is one vacuum port that I can not find a line for. On the valve cover there is a port with 2 lines on it on the back of the valve cover just in from the timing cover. Now a little further toward the drivers side from that port, there is a single small port. That is the one I can not find a line for.

If someone could look at their car and follow the line from that port to where it goes, and then tell me where to look so that I could find the line at the other end and trace it back to the end that isn't hooked up so that I could plug it back onto the port on the valve cover, I would greatly appreciate it.

P.S. In case anyone else has run into the non availability of the rear bushing of the front lower control arm, order one for a 2004 chevy cavalier and then cut 4 mm off the center (where your mounting bolt goes through) with a cutting disk on a grinder. The cavalier one pressed in perfectly but the center was 40 mm tall and the aveo one was 36 mm tall. At least in my area on a sunday afternoon, I couldn't get one. Dealer wasn't open so I couldn't even try the dealer. The cav one was about 15 or 16 buck at advanced. Better than $75 for the whole control arm (advanced price or 104 at carquest)

Thanks,
      Jay

Lifetime owner
      Thanks
      are you sure its an open port? i recall a recent post of someone pulling off their valve cover to find a sealed port..

not sure how you can check, other than starting it, putting you finger over it? other wise, since it s further and its not part of the pcv?

Thanks
      I am not sure it is an open port. It would not be the vacuum producing side because it's on the valve cover. Starting it and putting my finger over it I do not feel vacuum nor do I get oil on my finger. It appears to be open, but I can try poking a strand of wire in there and see if it goes through or stops dead. If anyone with the early 1.6L ecotec 2 has one that they could look at and see if there is a vacuum line on, it would greatly help.

Thanks.

I'll keep it and add a turbo
      Thanks

Vacuum Line

Interesting you post such as I've found the same issue with my 04 Aveo. I googled such and found several other comments on the same subject. On mine, while changing spark plugs I found just below the valve cover between the firewall and head, and about 2-3 inches in from the timing cam gears, I have about a 1 inch in length and about 1/8 to 3/16 dia. plastic nipple that's obvious a vacuum hose attaches to. I've searched all over around the area and I'll be damn if I can find any kind of vacuum hose to hook up to it. So if you find out or if any members know about, please let me know.

Thanks
      I'm guessing thats the way they made it. I've been driving mine with no problems. It sure look like a hose would have gone to it, but there aren't any extra hoses on the car anywhere and it runs fine.

I'll keep it and add a turbo
      Thanks
      Quote Originally Posted by jayp207 View Post
      I'm guessing thats the way they made it. I've been driving mine with no problems. It sure look like a hose would have gone to it, but there aren't any extra hoses on the car anywhere and it runs fine.
      Same here..No miss, idles fine, runs fine...Like I mentioned, noticed it while changing my plugs.