•  

Thread: Aveo sort of hard to drive.

What's wrong with my car?
      Garage empty: add car
      Thanks

Aveo sort of hard to drive.

I dont want to slam my aveo, I'm really happy with the thing.

But I noticed early on that while on the highway at cruise speed, The car will either speed up or slow down. I literaly have to stare at the speedo to keep a steady speed.

If I zone out on the road, I look down and I've fallen 10mph....If I try to keep my speed up while watching the road, I look down and my aveo wants me to get a ticket.

If the highway speeds were 75 I'd be ok, but its 55 around here.

Also, after I got my wheels aligned....Its impossible to stay between the freakin lines. The car is going one way, then a second later it changes and wants to drift over the other line. Before the alignment there wasnt this problem.
      Of course the dealership 'cant duplicate the problem' Its very minor, but very annoying.

I also feel like I'm going to be pulled over more for suspected DUI, cause the car wont stay in the center of any lanes.

I'm getting my 1st set of 'tires for life' and finding a new dealership.

30 MPG avg.

I'll keep it and add a turbo
      Thanks
      sounds like you need a new alignment. what i think they did is adjust for the crown in the road, most shops do this but they have done too far. now when the road has a pretty steep crown you are OK but when it flattens out your are drifting to the left. if you are drifting to the right then it's likely that your car was set up neutral or they tried to compensate for the crown in the road but went the wrong way.

as for the speed control, your TPS may be acting up but with such a new car it's not likely. I think it's just a preference issue but if you think the throttle pedal is too soft here's what to do. you can add an additional (like with a card) to help close the throttle and keep you from berrying the pedal. or preferably you could add a helper spring to the pedal lever to make it a but harder to push.

hope this made sense and can help.

Still love my daily driver
      Thanks

Re: Aveo sort of hard to drive.

Quote Originally Posted by Aveo_SS
      I dont want to slam my aveo, I'm really happy with the thing.

But I noticed early on that while on the highway at cruise speed, The car will either speed up or slow down. I literaly have to stare at the speedo to keep a steady speed.

If I zone out on the road, I look down and I've fallen 10mph....If I try to keep my speed up while watching the road, I look down and my aveo wants me to get a ticket.

If the highway speeds were 75 I'd be ok, but its 55 around here.

Also, after I got my wheels aligned....Its impossible to stay between the freakin lines. The car is going one way, then a second later it changes and wants to drift over the other line. Before the alignment there wasnt this problem.
      Of course the dealership 'cant duplicate the problem' Its very minor, but very annoying.

I also feel like I'm going to be pulled over more for suspected DUI, cause the car wont stay in the center of any lanes.

I'm getting my 1st set of 'tires for life' and finding a new dealership.
      It's you're foot
      You did WHAT? to your Aveo? HAHAHAHAHA

What's wrong with my car?
      Thanks
      Doesn't the car have a rack and pinion for steering? If so, you can't correct your steering or your gonna be driving drunk. Just keep you hand where it is, and you should be driving straight.

Should I keep it?
      Thanks

Re: Aveo sort of hard to drive.

I think the Aveo is a really easy car to drive. You didnt bring this up, but shifting is a breeze, the first time I drove my girlfriends Cobalt (only the second car I had ever driven standard) I had trouble feeling the clutch catch and even still it isnt as easy to drive as the Aveo. I learned to drive standard on my Aveo as my first car and was driving on the road the night I bought it. As for the speed variance I have never noticed that. Mine seems to always keep a constant speed as long as I keep my foot steady, even at freeway speeds.

2006 Aveo 5 LS