•  
    Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Recall notice for 2009 Aveo's

What do you mean there's no turbo? Chevy Customer Svc's Avatar
      Garage empty: add car
      Thanks
      @Wilburdude, did you talk with the service manager to clarify this information?

Michelle, Chevrolet Customer Service assisting Vanessa

Don't forget to check out my.chevrolet.com link and take advantage of a wealth of vehicle information!

For information on the GM Privacy Statement, please visit http://www.gm.com/privacy-statement.html

Lifetime owner
      Thanks
      the manual says every 25000, if anything i would hope the recall would extend that time, not shorten it.

i still have not had this recall performed. but i am on my 3rd set of plugs since ownership.

What's wrong with my car?
      Thanks
      I took my aveo to the garage to have the recall work done in January. I didn't have any issues with my car prior to...and was getting anywhere between 35 and 45mpg. I am now getting about 30mpg (cold weather may factor in there) but also my check engine light has come on twice and only about 500 miles driven since the work was done. I took the car back to the garage, no light on at the time, they did a diagnostic and came back with possible O2 sensor or something about cam actuator possibly related to poor oil pressure, because either low oil (which it is not) or possible due for oil change (which it may be) Onstar has 27% oil life remaining but was going to change oil at the end of the month anyway.
      My question is ...could this be related to the recall work? They want to charge me for the diagnostic also, which I believe should be covered under warranty anyway. My 3yr /36,000 ended on the 13th of March. Any ideas?
      Last edited by wolftale; 03-20-2013 at 06:40 PM.

Still love my daily driver Thymeclock's Avatar
      Thanks
      Quote Originally Posted by wolftale View Post
      I took my aveo to the garage to have the recall work done in January. I didn't have any issues with my car prior to...and was getting anywhere between 35 and 45mpg. I am now getting about 30mpg (cold weather may factor in there) but also my check engine light has come on twice and only about 500 miles driven since the work was done. I took the car back to the garage, no light on at the time, they did a diagnostic and came back with possible O2 sensor or something about cam actuator possibly related to poor oil pressure, because either low oil (which it is not) or possible due for oil change (which it may be) Onstar has 27% oil life remaining but was going to change oil at the end of the month anyway.
      My question is ...could this be related to the recall work? They want to charge me for the diagnostic also, which I believe should be covered under warranty anyway. My 3yr /36,000 ended on the 13th of March. Any ideas?
      Do you change your own oil? When was the last time that you changed the oil and what was the (visible) condition of it when you changed it?

Thanks
      Yes, I change my own oil and use full synthetic. Last changed just over 7,000 miles ago. The oil looks used but not black.

Thanks
      Yes, I change my own oil and use full synthetic. Last changed just over 7,000 miles ago. The oil looks used but not black.
      And how long ago was that?

Thanks
      Quote Originally Posted by Thymeclock View Post
      And how long ago was that?
      Last June..
      I again talked with service manager at the garage, I was told by him that the diagnostic test is covered under warranty only IF they get a definitive code (check engine light was not on at the time of diagnostic so only a guess) and do the repair.

Thanks
      Last June..
      I again talked with service manager at the garage, I was told by him that the diagnostic test is covered under warranty only IF they get a definitive code (check engine light was not on at the time of diagnostic so only a guess) and do the repair.
      It sounds like the dealer might be playing you. Is the car in your possession or still at the dealership? Did you pay for the work they did?

Thanks
      Ok here's my update...yes, I payed for the diagnostic, however, when they went to retrieve my vehicle the battery was dead (not the first time this had happened, onstar had to give me a boost once) so they threw a change into it, but then it flashed a code or something that "things" weren't "communicating" with each other so they had to call GM to find out what to do. Appartently, they were told to do a "hard reset" to see if that cleared everything out and got things "communicating" again. It worked, I drove home, but then my check engine light came on again! This time it was picked up by onstar and I got my monthly diagnostic email that said to go push my blue button for an "On-Demand Diagnostic Check" (I love my Onstar) I did! They got the same two codes that the garage did and told me it was an O2 sensor, so, back to the garage (70 miles...one way) short answer..they changed an O2 sensor and all better! Well, not exactly! Now I get an intermitten check engine light (on steady for about 3-4 days, then off for a few days) and I checked with OnStar. They said there may be an issue with the Variable Valve Timing System (VVTS) So back to a (local) garage tomorrow. I used to get 40-43 mpg with my car...I loved it, now I get 30-35 and I want to sell it!

Almost time to do my timing belt
      Thanks
      IMO your first priority should be to figure out what's going on with the battery and/or charging system. Do you have a digital multi meter? If so, it's a very easy thing to verify that the non-load voltage is around 12.5V and also that loading it up will maintain one steady value somewhere in the range of 13.0-14.5V. There is also another test that you can do with the MM to see if there is a vampire draw happening, beyond the amount that is normal and expected.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast