•  

View Poll Results: Who is the top troll?

Voters
    21. You may not vote on this poll
    • Thehunterooo

10 47.62%
    • Z34

10 47.62%
    • Other...

1 4.76%
    Page 9 of 18 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Top Troll on Aveoforum--------Offical Poll

Timing belt broke, do I keep it? thehunterooo's Avatar
      Garage empty: add car
      Thanks
      i love the aveo only because it is an import, better than luminas

Almost time to do my timing belt daug1502's Avatar
      Thanks
      I hate the electrical in Honda's once one thing starts to go if you let it ride at all the whole car is gone, Never seen that in an american car. I even know a 1997 toyota camry that's starting to give up electrically. If your car has gremlins, it's probably electrical in some way.

And in response to your video with the buick Z34, I almost hit you on the difference in test. But you covered it later. I see now that your dislike is on the performance end, not general reliability. And I agree with you that Torque helps in a straight line. However the imports usually have an advantage in handling and that can make all the difference on a street course race. I'm not a fan of drag racing, it's motor vs motor and not very interesting. I prefer to see some corners.

Note: This is all my personal experience and not reading from any magazines or spec sheets.
      http://www.aveoforum.com/phpBB3/view...p?f=41&t=28184
      2008 Aveo5 SV

I will think of a better signature later.

Banned
      Thanks
      Quote Originally Posted by daug1502 View Post
      I hate the electrical in Honda's once one thing starts to go if you let it ride at all the whole car is gone, Never seen that in an american car. I even know a 1997 toyota camry that's starting to give up electrically. If your car has gremlins, it's probably electrical in some way.

And in response to your video with the buick Z34, I almost hit you on the difference in test. But you covered it later. I see now that your dislike is on the performance end, not general reliability. And I agree with you that Torque helps in a straight line. However the imports usually have an advantage in handling and that can make all the difference on a street course race. I'm not a fan of drag racing, it's motor vs motor and not very interesting. I prefer to see some corners.

Note: This is all my personal experience and not reading from any magazines or spec sheets.
      lol. Almost every problem my Monte Carlo has is electrical. My turn signal switch is busted so when I brake, I have to hold the turn signal stalk back to get the rear lights to work. It's a second nature now and I don't even think about it. I now get pissed when I drive a car without that problem. lol. It's a simple $50 fix, but requires removing the airbag to get at the steering column -_-. My only other faults on the Monte are the ABS doesn't work (I think it's a broken wheel speed senser) and the car doesn't like cold starts (you have to rev it between 3-4000 rpm for almost a minute straight to get it to idle without stalling in cold weather. Once it's warm though, it's fine.). These are all common W-body problems (the turn signal thing only affects first generation W's.. So cars on the second gen or newer platform don't have to worry about this gremlin), and are usually solved quite easily.
      And I'll agree that most American cars don't handle as well as their import counterparts. This is usually because the American public likes a comfy ride. I happen to prioritize handling, and in my planned rebuild of the Monte, I'll be throwing quite a bit at the suspension. My job there is made easier as the Monte has a fully independent suspension. I like my domestics, but I am not completely opposed to a good import. I do however have ethics and hold myself and others to a rather high standard. I refuse to buy from Toyota, Honda and Subaru, unless the Honda has great looks and no Vtec. Audi, I'd only buy the upcoming Quattro. That's it. VW is odd and I like some of their cars and hate others. it's weird. And VW quality is usually a wtf cluster**** as you never know what you're getting. Mercedes I've just never really liked, BMW is everywhere and over-rated in my book. Nissan I actually do like, however their recent cars have been ugly as sin, with the exception of the Altima coupe and the Cube. The Versa is sporty looking and cool, but I rode in one and wasn't impressed. The steering was numb, the pedals provided no feedback, and the interior was bleak, depressing and the materials, for a car often praised for quality, weren't even up the Chevrolet Cobalt standards. The only companies I don't have anything against are Suzuki, Lancia, Fiat, Alfa Romeo, Lamborghini, Maserati, Citroen (who don't sell in the US), Peugeot (who don't sell in the US), and Renault (who also don't sell in the US). So by my own standards, I've eliminated most of the import competition.

As for racing, I can see the appeal of drag racing. It's not just motor vs motor. There's a constant there. Nowhere near as many variables as with track racing or rally. I personally prefer rally, but I do see the point of drag racing. You can say you have a 13 second car and everyone knows just how fast that is. With circuit racing, it all depends on the track, and you have to actually KNOW the track to realize whether a time is quick or not. Drag racing is a constant and therefore an easier way to display performance. THe only circuit track where ya know what's a good time or not is the Nurburgring.
      - 1995 Chevrolet Monte Carlo Z34 - LQ1 3.4L DOHC 24 valve semi-hemi V6, 210 HP, 215 ft-lbs of torque, 4T60e 4 speed automatic with O/D.... 123,000+ miles. Slowly resto-modding it.
      - looking for a first gen Aveo for a daily driver :D

Banned
      Thanks
      Quote Originally Posted by serega12 View Post
      Honda NSX (A.K.A. Acura NSX in North America) will eat your mustang for breakfast...
      But it'll lose to an American SUV. go figure.
      - 1995 Chevrolet Monte Carlo Z34 - LQ1 3.4L DOHC 24 valve semi-hemi V6, 210 HP, 215 ft-lbs of torque, 4T60e 4 speed automatic with O/D.... 123,000+ miles. Slowly resto-modding it.

Thanks
      z34, you do not understand, imports > america

im so JDM YO

Banned
      Thanks
      Quote Originally Posted by thehunterooo View Post
      z34, you do not understand, imports > america

im so JDM YO
      A japanese car is crap unless it can outrun an American SUV. Lemme know when they figure out how to without twin turbo's and a computer running everything.

Thanks
      on a serious note, i seen a website selling JDM scion parts......

Banned
      Thanks
      on a serious note, i seen a website selling JDM scion parts......
      Well, the xB and the xA are sold there as Toyota's and Daihatsu's. The tC however is American market only even if it's based on a Toyota sedan.

Thanks
      but JDM scion? DOES NOT COMPUTE

Banned
      Thanks
      but JDM scion? DOES NOT COMPUTE
      agreed..... OMG WE AGREED ON SOMETHING! WHERE'S THE NEAREST BOMB SHELTER?

Page 9 of 18 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast