•  
    Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Swype beta for Android

Timing belt broke, do I keep it? serega12's Avatar
      Garage empty: add car
      Thanks

Swype beta for Android

So I just downloaded the Swype for my Nexus one, and let me tell you - it's awesome! Typing on a touch screen is a lot easier when all you have to do is swipe though the letters off the word you're trying to type and it does it for you.
      It's not available for iPhone though, just like Flash support. Sorry rabbit.

2006 Chevrolet Aveo a.k.a. Holden Barina – SOLD
      ​2008 Chevrolet Cobalt SS/TC - SOLD

Timing belt broke, do I keep it? thehunterooo's Avatar
      Thanks

Re: Swype beta for Android

lmao rabbit does love apple

it looks cool, but i can live without it

i dont really input that much text on my phone come to think of it

Lifetime owner
      Thanks

are droid users so lazy they cant even pick up their finger?

and in the few demos i saw he had to use the drop box menu to fix 4 words in a 7 word sentence, not much accuracy..

my phone finishes words for me too? not sure what makes swipe so great? can you explain it to me?

Timing belt broke, do I keep it?
      Thanks

I dont let my fone finishwords for me, it may get me in trouble...
      You can not commit crimes in a Aveo. Its just not fast enough.

Thanks

Rabbit, the few demos you're talking about are the old version, they just rolled out a new beta, and it's pretty awesome. The only downside to nexus one (and iPhone for that matter) IMO is no physical keyboard. Being able to swipe stuff way faster than actually type each letter in on an on-screen keyboard fixes that problem for me. Like I said, that's my opinion though. And I can't speak for Droid users you're talking about, I'm using a Nexus One. Droid users are on the same network as you are, so you'd know more about that. Plus droid guys have full physical keyboard.

But hey, I like a phone that can run a few things at the same time... it's pretty useful actually.

FWIW, I like Android OS and I'm sticking with it. I'm not bad-mouthing apple or AT&T, it's all a matter of opinion. I do prefer a phone with a SIM card though just so I can use it when I go back to Europe... That's about it.

Thanks

BTW, just finished installing ZAGG InvisbleShield full body max coverage on the phone too... I got hooked on ZAGG after I tried it a few years ago, now I keep it on most of my phones.

Timing belt broke, do I keep it?
      Thanks

explain this zagg as I am to loazy right now to look it up. hell, it took alot to write this.
      You can not commit crimes in a Aveo. Its just not fast enough.

Timing belt broke, do I keep it? thehunterooo's Avatar
      Thanks

lmao we are all lazy, perfect for a droid :P

Lifetime owner
      Thanks

there is a whole line of droid phones... isnt there?

and i personally am not a true fan of any phone os. they all seem like compromises.

Jail breaking the phone adds so much to the abilities, i am not sure anyone knows why the features and such are help back the way apple sells them..

besides that you can run linux on the iphone... or install windows. So "full" operating systems are there.

but i like the size and build quality of the i phone. even the original droid felt bulky and cheaper.

buts its just a phone, if i need more "ability" i'll pull out my hackintosh..

not knocking or anything i just like the "overlap" of technology but i dont see why a phone needs to do too much.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by petrified.rabbit
      there is a whole line of droid phones... isnt there?
      Well, there are only a couple of droids, but there is a whole line of ANdroid phones, and only one of them up to date is sold directly by google, which is Nexus One.

And who would want to install Windows Mobile on an iPhone? Or any phone for that matter? Just like windows is known for slowing down any machine by not using the resources properly (I gotta give apple props for that, their macs are known for using 1/3 of resources of what Windows uses to do the same thing), same happens with the phone.

I'm a fan of Android OS myself just because it seems like possibilities are endless with it. Apple app store has a very strict system you have to go through before your app reaches the end user (which is fine for end users who don't care for anything beyond the usual music player, pictures, internet, and maps). Android (Linux based OS) is on the other end of the spectrum, where any app can make it to the Market (Android app store), so your choices of apps are endless, just like modifying anything about your phone.

So like I said in hunter's thread about his broken screen, it's good to figure out what you will be using the phone for the most, and then just pick the phone that does what you need it to. I don't see a point of spending 400-500 on a phone if you're only going to use 1/4 of the features it's capable of.

Quote Originally Posted by mikedudley17
      explain this zagg as I am to loazy right now to look it up. hell, it took alot to write this.
      Well, in a nut shell, this is what they're saying about themselves:

"ZAGG's invisibleSHIELD™ is created from an ultra-tough, patented film exclusively to ZAGG. Transparent and amazingly thin, it is designed to precisely match the contours of your device, providing unbeatable scratch protection. ZAGG's invisibleSHIELD is the worlds first and best clear device protection."

Basically it's an invisible layer of protective clear skin for your phone that doesn't add any bulk and is pretty strong. It's good if you like to put the keys into the same pocket (or end up doing so anyways) and for having your phone protected from scratches in daily use without a bulky case.

It's kind of like 3M clear bra for the car's hood and bumper. It's not visible unless you look close, but it's still there protecting you from the rock chips.

Zagg also adds "stickiness" to the phone, if you will, which is good IMO because it's not slippery anymore (which a lot of high end phones tend to be because of materials they choose to use), and it doesn't hinder the use of the touch screen (if anything, I think it works better with it on it).

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast