•  
    Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Road bullying

Should I keep it?
      Thanks

Road bullying

Has anyone noticed a sharp increase of road bullying in the past few years? I can't go anywhere without having someone trying to run me off the road.
      I'd be in my bathroom, and there would be a car honking and swerving at me. Okay that was exaggerated, but it definitely seems that way.
      Is this a real trend, or is it just me ?

Lifetime owner
      Garage empty: add car
      Thanks
      its the way younger people have been raised..

the "all about me" generation too busy staying connected to pay attention to what is physically near by.

just like as we watch oprah's minions getting further into adulthood, the divorce rates keep climbing. because she always told everyone: you can't love someone else if you don't love your self, your #1 and go do what makes you happy..

Timing belt broke, do I keep it? thehunterooo's Avatar
      Thanks
      Do not have that problem in Florida, though I am the one that bullies people driving 50mph in the fastlane on the highway...

Still love my daily driver Thymeclock's Avatar
      Thanks
      Quote Originally Posted by Aveeo View Post
      Has anyone noticed a sharp increase of road bullying in the past few years? I can't go anywhere without having someone trying to run me off the road.
      I'd be in my bathroom, and there would be a car honking and swerving at me. Okay that was exaggerated, but it definitely seems that way.
      Is this a real trend, or is it just me ?
      It's just you.

Bullying has been around since the beginning of time. It's part of pack animal behavior. But bullies don't bully everyone, or even anyone at random; they instinctively bully the weakest in the pack.

The bullied need to learn how to deal with bullies. They need education to stop being and acting like victims, not protection from anyone else.

Should I keep it?
      Thanks
      Quote Originally Posted by Thymeclock View Post
      It's just you.

Bullying has been around since the beginning of time. It's part of pack animal behavior. But bullies don't bully everyone, or even anyone at random; they instinctively bully the weakest in the pack.

The bullied need to learn how to deal with bullies. They need education to stop being and acting like victims, not protection from anyone else.
      There is some miscommunication here , but it's my fault for using unfamiliar names. I'm not talking about the recent anti-bullying campaigns, but aggressive driving/road raging. I just call them road bullies. I was wondering if anyone has noticed an increase in road rage/aggression in the last few years (maybe 2008+) ?

Still love my daily driver Thymeclock's Avatar
      Thanks
      Quote Originally Posted by Aveeo View Post
      There is some miscommunication here , but it's my fault for using unfamiliar names. I'm not talking about the recent anti-bullying campaigns, but aggressive driving/road raging. I just call them road bullies. I was wondering if anyone has noticed an increase in road rage/aggression in the last few years (maybe 2008+) ?
      How are you affected by this?

Can you provide some specific examples of what you call "road bullying"?

Still love my daily driver
      Thanks
      tx aint too bad. teens are tho. i like 2 give them break checks every now n then. i dont reccommend
      Silver Bullet~
      http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3360111/1

Silverado Ext cab 02
      Accord Ex 94
      Aveo Ls 06

Almost time to do my timing belt NYChevoo's Avatar
      Thanks
      I dont know if this applies or not but I notice a definite difference on how I'm treated by other drivers depending on what car I'm in. Example being if I'm in the Aveo it seems as if I'm almost invisible to other cars larger than I but if I'm driving my Suburban then the whole game changes.
      Missing our beloved 1st gen Aveos everyday!
      Silence is golden. Duct tape is silver!!
      04 Aveo (mine gone but never forgotten)
      07 Aveo 5 (wifes car gone but never forgotten)
      02 Suburban (Eats gas stations as snacks)
      12 Cruze Eco 6MT
      (46mpg daily? Holy crap!)
      12 Sonic 2LT (Wifeys new wheels)

Chevoo-1/2 Chevy, 1/2 Daewoo. I mean like WTF?

I'll keep it and add a turbo
      Thanks
      You shouldn't really get bullied if you follow these rules:
      1. Keep right except to pass. Keep right except to pass. Keep right except to pass. Keep right except to pass. Are you getting passed on the right? Well you shouldn't be in the left lane, now should you.
      2. Go the speed limit OR Don't go slower than the speed limit (some places you might still get bullied if you only go the speed limit).
      3. Don't drive distracted. Seriously, I hate you if you do. If you are going to talk on your cell and drive, get in the right lane.
      4. Use your turn signal appropriately.
      5. Accelerate at a decent rate.
      6. Don't do anything stupid. ie Don't cut anyone off, don't interfere with someone's right of way or impede them unless absolutely necessary.
      7. And overall, BE PREDICTABLE!

Most of the "bullying" or "road rage" that I see stems directly from not following one of these rules. And I usually get a little rage because you aren't just taking your own life in your hands if you are a poor driver. Florida is one of the worst states I've been in for poor drivers. One of the reasons I'm moving back to upstate NY is because I know some ****ty driver is going to crash their 3 ton SUV into my Aveo and kill/maim me if I live in Florida much longer. Sorry for the negativity/rant, but the real reason that people are more aggressive is because most drivers out there leave something to be desired.

Timing belt broke, do I keep it? thehunterooo's Avatar
      Thanks
      I have never had an issue here, people cut me off from time to time but it all seems okay. People changing lanes every 3 seconds makes me rage, I have never understood why weaving in and out of traffic is a good idea. Driving in Tampa does not annoy me as I once thought it did, I guess I just tolerate things a bit too much

The worst thing possible though, is someone coming up behind you, passing you, gets in front of you (for like an on-ramp) and does not speed up, I end up getting pissed off. They could have stayed behind me, idk why they had to pass and then go slower than a snail.

The Aveo is pretty safe though, I wouldnt mind getting in a wreck in it (not a wreck that would kill you in any car...), the airbags are what scare me though...I just hope if someone does hit me, please total the car

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast