•  
    Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Ok...

Still love my daily driver
      Garage empty: add car
      Thanks
      We just paid off our '04...

... we bought ours because our aspire met it's fate with a buick. We needed a cheap car. We found that in the aveo, which we got for $9000 out the door.

This car is by no means slow, at least coming from the subcompact market, where 60hp is the norm. It's more than adequate in any daily driving scenario.

Obviously very few aftermarket companies are taking us seriously. Which is confusing, considering you can't seem to get a Yaris out the door for under $13,000 (you can get a grand prix for that price!) and it's the lowest HP car on the market in the US (less for the smart).

It's up to us to make the aftermarket.

I can also certainly understand the price resistance. We paid next to nothing for our cars, so why would we put taillights that cost nearly 1% the price of the car? I certainly wouldn't. Then again, I have no real interest in cosmetic changes.

I would most certainly be on that shifter group buy, if I weren't flat broke at the moment, but that's just how it goes.

It would seem I have lost the point of this post, and will leave it at that.

This community is what you, the users, make of it. Remember that.

(moved post to open forum).

Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall. Torque is how far the wall moves after you hit it.

Thanks
      =D> =D> =D>
      You did WHAT? to your Aveo? HAHAHAHAHA

Thanks
      I feel really bad for anyone that bought an Aveo thinking they could 'build it up' to gain HP at ANY price...If you are dumb enough to buy a project car without doing your homework and realizing the Aveo isn't the best choice for HP gains, then you have nothing to complain about except your ignorance.
      Icelandic Blue with "LOW VEO" tags

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2396518

Thanks

Re: Ok...

Quote Originally Posted by AveoSSSupercharged
      Quote Originally Posted by Ron-E-Babe
      Quote Originally Posted by AveoSSSupercharged
      Ive come to have enough of this on this website.
      Everyone needs to STOP complaining about prices.
      For those of you who do not realize this. We drive cars that do not have ANY real aftermarket base. There is also no really following for people to jump on board to make aftermaket parts.
      This makes it hard to actually find parts for a good price.
      So all of you people complaining about LED lights for 200 bucks being too much. You need to get a clue.

/rant
      geesh..sorry I thought the LED tails were expensive...I didn't mean to get your panties in a bunch...but this is a forum to discuss things I thought??? Maybe I'm wrong.
      hey man im not calling anyone person in particular out...i have been on these forums since before they were this forum and "cheapos" have always been around and they are using the WRONG car to build if they dont wanna spend money.
      I was the first to comment on the price of the lights so of course I am going to defend my statement...I've never argued prices are too high, I understand they will be due to the fact we have no aftermarket support by GM or the aftermarket world.

I've installed a remote starter, H&R springs, r1concepts "premium" rotors, ceramic brake pads, tinted my windows, have the 3M paint protectant on the front of my car, aftermarket rims and tires, installed a grounding kit, replaced most of the bulbs (headlight, side markers, installed city lights), KYB shocks, and I'm one of the first people that bought the AEM air intake so I don't want to hear how cheap I am when I say $200 seemed steep just for tail lights. (and by the way I am spending $3500 on motor work for my Harley)

Like I said before, I've never priced them and based on the last set of tails that were offered to us that leaked before they were even installed on the car the price seemed high to me. Sorry I'm not the import expert some of you are and I use this forum to discuss my opinions about parts and prices.

I accept your apology and do not take this persoanlly, but want it to be clear for the record, I am not cheap and never thought building up my Aveo could be done on the cheap.

I know the Aveo isn't the choice automobile to be built up, If I wanted to build up a car I would have rented The Fast and The Furious and bought a car I see in the movie, cuz they are really fast and if high school kids can do it, they must be very inexpensive...LOL

Icelandic Blue with "LOW VEO" tags

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2396518

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123