•  
    Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Just a friendly reminder....

What do you mean there's no turbo?
      Garage empty: add car
      Thanks

Just a friendly reminder....

Hi All!

I just wanted to tell everyone to please be careful when driving. I know we all would love it if our cars had an unlimited amount of power and speed (MUHAHA! TAKE THAT BMW!!!!) but I also know its not worth losing a life over. I don't want to get on my soapbox, but lets just say that I got a pretty shocking email, and I just wanted to say that whether its driving or riding (ESPECIALLY when riding,) to just remember that its not worth your life, or making your family cry over a horrific accident just becuase you want to look cool or go fast. If your driving/riding at, or going more than 90 mph, PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE be going that fast ONLY on the dragstrip. The last thing I want to hear about is somebody from on here getting hurt or worse. Please be careful, if not for me, for your family.

"A True Soldier fights not becuase he hates whats in front of him; but becuase he loves whats behind him."

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2961112/1

Thanks

Re: Just a friendly reminder....

Sounds like something happened.

Thanks

I agree. People drive like idiots these days and we have new laws to help!

In Quebec, as of April 1st, you cannot use your cell phone while driving (hands free is allowed) and if you are caught doing excessive speeding, it's on your record for 10 years! Ontario has similar laws to target this also.
      2008 Aveo LS Sedan Manual - Flame Red
      Detailer at heart!

Almost time to do my timing belt
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Bigs

In Quebec, as of April 1st, you cannot use your cell phone while driving (hands free is allowed) and if you are caught doing excessive speeding, it's on your record for 10 years! Ontario has similar laws to target this also.
      we have had the phone law for a while here in jersey but they couldnt just pull you over for that but as of march 3 they can just pull you over for using the phone

Still love my daily driver
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by AVE0SAM
      Quote Originally Posted by Bigs

we have had the phone law for a while here in jersey but they couldnt just pull you over for that but as of march 3 they can just pull you over for using the phone
      Cell Phone law just started in CA as of Jan 1st 2008
      You did WHAT? to your Aveo? HAHAHAHAHA

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by kirbycope
      Sounds like something happened.
      If anyone would like to know what spurred this on you can go to this link and see for yourself, but I want to warn you now-its not gruesome, but its photos of a dead kid hanging from the back of a semi's trailer (only thing you can really see is his blood, and its not much, but even so)

WARNING SEMI-GRAPHIC PHOTOS NOT RECOMMENDED FOR
      PEOPLE WITH WEAK STOMACHS OR CHILDREN

http://www.snopes.com/photos/accident/tulsacrash.asp
      WARNING SEMI-GRAPHIC PHOTOS NOT RECOMMENDED FOR
      PEOPLE WITH WEAK STOMACHS OR CHILDREN

so after seeing this I just decided to post that. WARNING! I would not reccomend viewing this unless you are absolutely sure it won't send you into a shock spiral. And it is definitely inapropriate for a child to see. DEFINITELY.
      "A True Soldier fights not becuase he hates whats in front of him; but becuase he loves whats behind him."

Thanks

i think some people are just not mature enough to operate a vechicle especially a motorcycle, but still get the license. Case in point this guy, it even states that his friend had recently died in a motorcycle accident from speeding, you think something would click in your head that hey im not invincible and I should be more careful. actually just read the whole article and it says that it was the other way around so this guy died first and his idiot friend died later.
      I also thought it was weird that they mentioned make stronger helmet laws, trust me this guy could have had the best possible helmet ever and he still would have died, that rear bumper hit him right where all the vital organs in the chest are. I do agree they need to start impounding biker's bikes who speed, but we can't protect everyone from their own stupidity and lack of judgement. (knock on wood that i don't do something stupid like that)

p.s. gonza i edited your post with a bigger warning. I thought I'd be fine but after looking at those photos they definately gave me an uneasy feeling

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by AVE0SAM
      i think some people are just not mature enough to operate a vechicle especially a motorcycle, but still get the license. Case in point this guy, it even states that his friend had recently died in a motorcycle accident from speeding, you think something would click in your head that hey im not invincible and I should be more careful. actually just read the whole article and it says that it was the other way around so this guy died first and his idiot friend died later.
      I also thought it was weird that they mentioned make stronger helmet laws, trust me this guy could have had the best possible helmet ever and he still would have died, that rear bumper hit him right where all the vital organs in the chest are. I do agree they need to start impounding biker's bikes who speed, but we can't protect everyone from their own stupidity and lack of judgement. (knock on wood that i don't do something stupid like that)

p.s. gonza i edited your post with a bigger warning. I thought I'd be fine but after looking at those photos they definately gave me an uneasy feeling

I appreciate the bigger warning, and I agree with you regarding his stupidity. I have to remind myself that nobody forced him to twist that throttle, and he knew what could happen when he did so.

These pictures alone inspire me to turn my sportbike into a showcar or use it for the dragstrip ONLY. But I took the MSF course so I have faith that they taught me how to be a respected, well-prepared, and safe driver, so, yeah...

n0k
      Should I keep it?
      Thanks

Yep, happened on a stretch of 169 i drive everyday on to and from work. A good reminder how a single lapse in judgment can cost you your life. If you want to drive fast, find a racetrack.
      “Indecision may or may not be my problem.”

Thanks

see theres another problem a day at a race course is too expensive for the average joe

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast