•  
    Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Chevy Aveo good or bad?

Still love my daily driver
      Garage empty: add car
      Thanks
      Got mine for 11k about 2.5 years ago. It's been a good car, but realize you are not getting a high $$ car. The interior is nice but not anything to write home about. Stock suspension is junky, get some springs and I would say shocks/struts but struts are not available yet. Only the rear struts. Power is ok. a/c works and has worked fine, some have had slight issues with the wiring harness melting.

I would recommend the car for what it is, though I wouldn't get another one. Try to find one a year or two old and you can get it for about $8k. Hell, I would sell you mine for 8k

I'll keep it and add a turbo
      Thanks
      Mine is great, just take care of it as a person should and it will be just fine.
      06' Aveo
      07' Liberty
      1973 VW Bug. Full resto. summer toy.

AVEO lS

Warning: I bought a vehicle Chevrolet new AVEO in 11/2006. In 06/2007 I repaired that in the shock absorber front esq. he/she dribbled on oil. Situation that leads a vehicle with 4anos in the Centers of Inspecção with the defect of level 2. I contacted the mark and of there they answered that that piece doesn't have legal Warranty for being of wear and tear. I asked again for to the mark mother to enumerate some piece of the vehicle not to be of wear and tear. They answered that besides the shock absorbers, bombs of stoppers, disks, embraiage...one more how many that I know there, more it seems Chinese or tendeiros sell her false merchandise. In the proprietor's manual the said pieces nor they are to be substituted in certain interval of time. Besides, he/she appears the exclusion clause without differentiating origin defect or damage, for plus, he/she orders to sign the customer of new vehicle to take knowledge. Only that is not signed and it is not said aquando of the purchase. It defrauds or fraud that is right is that the salesperson of the A.MATOS CAR in Évora it is that he/she had to pay the shock absorber because he/she doesn't want problems and only see: I only eat a new shock absorber, the vehicle aquando was put a travagem baloiça the front for one on the sides and he/she lifted the rear on the opposite side. Conclusion: the following day I had to order to put the other shock absorber for my bill to exist safety and dynamic balance. Care when buying a CHEVROLET. J.M. Évora

Thanks
      so you are saying the front struts suck... yeah mine were bad at 15,000 miles. That's why we need an aftermarket replacement. I'm sure KYB has it on their 'list'

thanks for all the replies i decided to go with the chevy optra its an amazing car...well not amazing but alot better then my old car. its my first ever brand new car and i bought it all by myself. its a great feeling and i will never buy used again. i paid 16k for it and by the time i was finished my bill was 23888 but, i have 0% finanicing so i only have to pay the 23k with no interest and i got a discount because i jsut gradded its great i love my new car. i looked at the aveo but the only one they had left at the dealership was for 14K with like 5% on it so we figured it out and the optra was the better choice.
      thanks for all your help guys

Thanks
      Quote Originally Posted by justine
      thanks for all the replies i decided to go with the chevy optra its an amazing car...well not amazing but alot better then my old car. its my first ever brand new car and i bought it all by myself. its a great feeling and i will never buy used again. i paid 16k for it and by the time i was finished my bill was 23888 but, i have 0% finanicing so i only have to pay the 23k with no interest and i got a discount because i jsut gradded its great i love my new car. i looked at the aveo but the only one they had left at the dealership was for 14K with like 5% on it so we figured it out and the optra was the better choice.
      thanks for all your help guys
      Did you go with the 5-door or the wagon?

The 5-door looks pretty nice.

i got the 5-dr, auto cuz i cant drive standard yet :P its a really really nice car, very smooth, mines silver, not a big fan of silver, but hey it wasnt a deal breaker. ill post pics today when i get home

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12